Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ARGH!!! Surge is Driving Me Nuts! Help plz!

Quote Originally Posted by E85 LSX View Post
    Does the timing still jump up and down when using this open loop method?
    No. But I never had erratic spark.

The PE method worked just as well.
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

Advanced Tuner
    Still having problems? Did you adjust "Obama" in your spark tables?

Advanced Tuner
    More seriously, if you want to have a richer idle in closed loop, could you not could try and set the following (in closed loop, not using the PE open loop workaround?)

O2 Max Rich Lean to 750
    O2 Min Rich Lean to 400

Bank 1 to the following: 650 650 620 500 450 450 450 450 450
    Bank 2 to the following: 650 650 625 575 475 450 450 450 450

I would think this would work. ...or slightly richer values ...no?

Quote Originally Posted by LazMan View Post
    More seriously, if you want to have a richer idle in closed loop, could you not could try and set the following (in closed loop, not using the PE open loop workaround?)

O2 Max Rich Lean to 750
    O2 Min Rich Lean to 400

Bank 1 to the following: 650 650 620 500 450 450 450 450 450
    Bank 2 to the following: 650 650 625 575 475 450 450 450 450

I would think this would work. ...or slightly richer values ...no?
    You are showing slightly different values between B1 & B2 in modes 3 ,4 & 5 curious the reason why?

Have you measured the amount the AFR will change? I'm curious of the range.

What is the value in mV(millivolts) for an A/F ratio of 14.2 on a narrowband o2 sensor?

Advanced Tuner
    I was merely suggesting / asking if this would have solved the problems with a lean idle with a large cam - I've not tested those settings. Seems like an alternative to the open loop idle solution, that in all honesty I would assume someone has tried before and found to not be successful.

Nonetheless, I suggested Bank 1 be set slightly leaner since on the ZR1 GM did the something similar (Bank 1 has a 50mv leaner value in the 4th value on the table).

---

As for 14.2 AFT narrowband 02 sensor value, the value for stoich on these sensors is always about 450mv. Assuming you're running E10, that would be the mv you are asking about.

I had the exact problem as the OP. I just put her in open loop and commanded about a .93lambda. . .She no longer bucks and the timing no longer jumps around, good call wstaab.

My assumption now is that the bucking was caused by lean misses and the erratic timing was a response to it.

If switching to Open Loop resolves the issue then perhaps it can be assumed that there is an issue with Closed Loop operation at the point in time where surging occurs?

During Closed Loop, the "Mode vs. Airflow" table apparently "controls selection of various gains and delays used to interpret the o2 sensor signals".

When I review my logs I see that my car struggles when the MAF is in the 28g/sec-32g/sec range which happens to put the car into a different "Airflow Mode" zone?

If enough people are experiencing this low-load surging, perhaps we can ask Chris for some insight as to what this problem is? I.e. perhaps the solution to this issue might be as simple as being provided access to a few additional parameters for Closed Loop operation?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDrezzUp View Post
    If switching to Open Loop resolves the issue then perhaps it can be assumed that there is an issue with Closed Loop operation at the point in time where surging occurs?

During Closed Loop, the "Mode vs. Airflow" table apparently "controls selection of various gains and delays used to interpret the o2 sensor signals".

When I review my logs I see that my car struggles when the MAF is in the 28g/sec-32g/sec range which happens to put the car into a different "Airflow Mode" zone?

If enough people are experiencing this low-load surging, perhaps we can ask Chris for some insight as to what this problem is? I.e. perhaps the solution to this issue might be as simple as being provided access to a few additional parameters for Closed Loop operation?
    Great question.
    The description in HPTuners of "mode vs airflow" table is vague.

02 R/L Voltage Switch points.

Just reading the advanced tuning guide. It states will "not" work on Gen IV only Gen III.

My C6 is still bagged & tendered for the winter so I cannot confirm what is being said.

It does however indicate it has a very good range on the Gen III's, I'm hoping this will fix my C5 the surging.

In the tuning guide it does not discuss the modes for different Airflow ranges, you can modify certain modes only. Or maybe tweak things after OL tuning. Gen III only I guess.

Last edited by ctd; 03-04-2010 at 07:40 PM.