Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF- Misfires, stumbles after no-lift-shift

Advanced Tuner
    so your basically just powershifting then? im pretty interested in the mods on your car, do you run a dry shot? how large of a shot do you run and what other mods do you have lol.

Running the Zex safeshot dry kit. I'm also running meth so it's not really "dry". Basic mods, nothing fancy, dejon hardpipes, cooling mist cmgs meth controller, hpt, 3" electric cutout.35 shot

Advanced Tuner
    how many gph and psi you running on the meth?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    how many gph and psi you running on the meth?
    i forget which nozzle i settled down on ill check when i get home... running a maxed out sureflo 150
    Last edited by pantherqs; 02-22-2010 at 11:18 PM.

God I can't believe how much better this feels.

vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YdCLM0arDs

Holy Hell!! very nice! What speed did you run it up to?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    God I can't believe how much better this feels.
    Yeah that's why I posted this question/problem on like 4 different forums! I've seen so many posts about people experiencing the problem and asking what fixes it and found no one that was posting an answer. I knew if I or someone else figured out the cause and cure it would make a lot of people VERY happy. On mine it not only stopped the misfires during NLS, it cleaned up the midrange and top end quite a bit too. I could feel it misfiring up around 4-5k, even though most of the time it wouldn't be enough to show any misfires in the logs. My guess is it was right on the edge of making more torque than the ECM wanted to see and it was triggering the cylinder cut. With less traction (stock tires) it probably wouldn't happen nearly as much. I also wonder if the reason the Cobalt guys are saying you have to have it fully warmed up or it will miss is because once IAT temps also get up higher, torque/ power will be lower and might not hit the cylinder cut threshold. If I thrashed my car repeatedly for a while on a hot day it wouldn't miss, but driving to work on a cold morning it would miss like crazy. Cold morning= more torque.

Son of a worthless fucking cunt. It just fell on its face again on a nls. I'm gonna go datalog the god damn thing then set it on fire if it does it again.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry to hear that, maybe you have something else going on. Mine hasn't missed a beat since I zeroed out the cylinder cut table. Done a bunch of NLS shifts, it's hella funny seeing the passengers reaction when they experience it for the first time. I'm trying to teach my son how to do a NLS so I can feel what it's like being the passenger and not having to pay attention to keeping the unleashed banshee under control!

Seem's to only do it when it somewhat hooks up between gears. Owell...

I was having the same problem yesterday at the track, sucks bad, missed my times up also

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm, i have been running my cyl cut tables at 0 since day one, and i still have the issue. I am wondering if the issue may be in the optimum torque table? I have never had any misfires, but I get the stumble something fierce. I had a really bad one the other day, and am going to look into the solution as well.

Oh, I fixed my stumbling issue. Swapping my plugs alleviated all my NLS problems, and mine were consistent. I haven't had a stumble yet. Went with the NGK 3787's which are a step colder.

^-- what mine looked like.

Good choice!
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel