Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A/D Datalog Adder

Re: A/D Datalog Adder

I am curious as to how this will integrate with our existing cable? Is it going to go in-line or need an additional serial port?

Senior Tuner

It replaces your current interface.

Ken

I assume it will be pretty expensive or are you offering existing customers an upgrade path since this is something that 99% of the customers who tune their cars need anyway. I just purchased mine less than a month ago.

Senior Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Monodax
    I assume it will be pretty expensive or are you offering existing customers an upgrade path since this is something that 99% of the customers who tune their cars need anyway. I just purchased mine less than a month ago.

I am trying to keep the cost down to a minimum while making things hassle free to interface with the vehicle.

The hardest part of this is the cable between the vehicle and VPW converter as there are no "off the shelf" parts for this. I am in contact with several cable manufacturers to get a cost effective solution.

We did not forget about our current customers, or the fact they might want to upgrade. I don't want to give out any numbers, but there will be no sticker shock.

Ken

I appreciate your understanding about the pricing as it would be nice to have an all-in-one solution just for datalogging. I have a TechEdge 2B0 Wideband System which is their latest version.

On another note, I also could use your system right now out of the box just by hooking my Narrowband output to the rear o2 sensors as it can output 0-1 volt natively (But I am not sure if this is safe to do using the stock PCM) or using the A/C pressure switch sensor 5 volt input but I have never even logged using that sensor so I figure it is PSI or something that is a result of some calculation to get the PSI from an analog 0-5 volt source.

I would be interested in beta testing anything you have now and purchasing the hardware as I know it is not free if you need additional tester for your Wideband product. If this needs to be taken offline you can email me @ my email address in the forum database or jbrinson @ monodax.com if this is a possibility.

Thanks,
    James

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners

We are driving around with the test units hooked to Dynojet Wide Band Controllers as we speak.

They have 4 10bit A/D channels.

I'm guessing a month before they are available to the public.

Ken
    Ken, are you saying that Dynojet may be the wideband to get if we're shopping right now? I plan to buy a wideband soon and HPTuners as soon as the version that integrates the wideband is out.

What about FJO? I really prefer their hardware over dynojet.
    2002 Z51 C5 MN6 Coupe&&SuperMaxx Headers, Vararam, Ti Exhaust

Senior Tuner

We had no mfgr preference when we bought wide bands to test with. Our interface will work with any 0-5v outuput range.

FJO looks like a nice setup. It will work just fine with our interface.

Ken