Thread: I've traded my LS1 for an LS6 and LSA; help?

Tuner in Training

Question I've traded my LS1 for an LS6 and LSA; help?

I am a long time HP Tuners customer. I started with my '99 Camaro and have used HP Tuners exclusively, mostly because of the excellent support and tuning community. I had an original two-vehicle VCM Suite 1.0 cable which is been upgraded to the MPVI Pro with EIO. When HPTuners swapped out the cable and sent me the new USB one, they did the credit conversion from two Gen III vehicles to 12 credits. Fine, but I've since sold one of my corvettes, gotten a 2001 Z06, and an '09 CTS-V.

I would like to swap an all-VIN 2000 Corvette license for either an all-VIN 2001 Corvette, or a single-VIN 2001 Corvette (2 credits), single-VIN CTS-V (2 credits), and a single-vin 2008 Corvette (2 credits).

I don't mind paying something for the upgrade, but I have 6 credits here that are now useless as I no longer own the vehicle.

How do I get what i need without buying six more credits?

Thanks.
    2000 FRC

wouldn't it be nice if it worked that way

It's like saying that I tuned 3 customers vettes and they aren't even here any more, let me trade those credits for the three vettes that are here today...
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Except in your example it's quite disingenuous whereas I simply want to change new licenses. Jay sent me email and I think I understand the upgrade path that is available.
    2000 FRC

Tuner in Training
    So is it possible to obtain credits for vehicles no longer used? I'm looking for a response from HP Tuners, not sarcastic posters.
    2000 FRC

Quote Originally Posted by narcszm View Post
    So is it possible to obtain credits for vehicles no longer used? I'm looking for a response from HP Tuners, not sarcastic posters.

From what I have read in the warnings when I use credits and in posts and e-mails from Hptuners Staff..

"Once you have applied your credits to a pcm file, You can not undo or change it!"

So I would say your answer is No..

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner in Training
    Available Upgrade Credit Licenses:
    This is a very powerful section of our software.
    With this form you will be able to tell exactly what licenses you can purchase at a discounted credit cost using your existing licenses for Upgrade Credits.

In the picture shown above, we have a single vehicle GM Firebird/Camaro (V8) 2002 license that cost us 2 credits.
    We receive 75% of that purchase (rounded down) as credit (or Upgrade Credit) toward the applicable Year/Model license.
    As you can see below, we received 1 Upgrade Credit for our single vehicle license and require 5 more to unlock the GM Firebird/Camaro (V8) 2002 Year/Model license.
    As I understand upgrades get 75 cents on the dollar, but I'm not sure when this applies.
    2000 FRC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by narcszm View Post
    As I understand upgrades get 75 cents on the dollar, but I'm not sure when this applies.
    typically it applies when people purchase a single vehicle license then upgrade to either a specific vehicle/model year of that vehicle license or for an entire vehicle group license.

if your current vehicle was the same model/year as what you no longer own then you could choose the upgrade path and get some value out of your previous licenses but otherwise as Frost pointed out you cant un -ring a bell as they say , you got your value out of those credits in being able to tune those vehicles in the past and can still tune those vehicles for their new owners.
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the explanation. I was going to give HP Tuners more money to use my own MPVI cable, but this licensing model drives me to simply borrow my friends' cable which is also for any '01 vette. No additional revenue, guys. Think about it.
    2000 FRC

It's just $99 to add your corvette to your cable. I think that's very reasonable.

If you do not, as you said your friend already has a license you can use, and we're ok with that! That's why we offered the year/model license.

If we were to simply let you trade in your old licenses for new one then all a customer would have to do is buy one license and trade it out when a new vehicle comes in, as Frost pointed out.

Our pricing model is not built around that idea. If it was, we'd have to charge considerably more for the 1 time license that covers every vehicle, etc.. which would push our product out of reach to the enthusiasts and reserve it only for the big shops.

Our prices take into account our licensing scheme. We have thought about it and we are comfortable with our model. We feel it offers options to support the needs of the enthusiast to the garage tuner up to the full tuner shop.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

very well said Keith.
    98 TransAm WS9 Raim Air – Stage 4 4L60E Trans -3:90 Rear -1.8 HS Rockers - Full UMI Suspension – 85MM Lid – 85MM Z06 MAF - LS6 Z06 Intake - 224/230 Comp Cam - 7.350 Push Rods - 243 TEA Stage 2 LS6 Heads 61cc - Melling 10296 Oil Pump - Caddy Race Lifters - SLP Underdrive Pulley - 160 Thermo - 42# Green Top Injectors - HPT - SLP Line lock - Pacesetter LTube Headers - Yank SS4000 - 98 to 2002 PCM Swap www.mrk-motorsports.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    It's just $99 to add your corvette to your cable. I think that's very reasonable.
    Thanks for the definitive response.
    2000 FRC