Thread: Turbo Tuning and Shakedown, code P1514?

Potential Tuner

Turbo Tuning and Shakedown, code P1514?

I finally got some pics of my turbo project fab. work complete and they are posted on pages 2 and 3 on my website in the signature, so check 'em out.

Well I started tuning today with HP Tuners and it was a great experience. I love the HP Tuners setup and it's pretty easy to use, even for a noob 18 y/o kid like me. I messed with the injector flow rate table and got the injectors pretty well compensated for the car, and after a little cranking it fired right up and there was no black smoke like before. We took it out with the vacuum line out of the FMU. It ran pretty good but leaned out up top, so my speed shop guy suggested to hook the vac. back up to the FMU and boom, it worked.

I have a wideband setup in my car and I was datalogging with HPTs and the A/F was 14 flat at idle and was steady up until the boost started on (which we could measure with the APEXi unit to the nearest .1 of a BAR and .01 of a mmHg vacuum). After boost kicked in the A/F ratio went to about mid 12 and the car loves it, no detonation at all. My speed shop mechanic is very good and even works on the JB Motorsports funny car (driven by Paul Lee) so I'm assuming he knows detonation when he hears it. No detonation occured even when we overboosted to 12psi (that was really fun btw).

There is one problem though, whenever we give it full throttle, once it gets to a certain point (after 5 seconds or less I'd say) the engine goes into "Engine Low Power" mode and throws, among other codes, a P1514. After that the car is limited to 15% TP (as HPTs indicated) and has virtually no power. This P1514 code has something to do with too much airflow vs. TP. After I clear the DTC codes it starts right up and we can use it with full power, until of coarse we drop the hammer and it throws a P1514. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be and how to fix it?

Edit: There is no signature here, I forgot, the site is:

www.cardomain.com/id/njp98

Re: Turbo Tuning and Shakedown, code P1514?

What version are you using.

In Engine Diagnostics->General there is the table that is used to set the P1514 error. Do you see this table?

If you have an older version that does not have this table I can put a new version up for you that does have this table.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    What version are you using.

In Engine Diagnostics->General there is the table that is used to set the P1514 error. Do you see this table?

If you have an older version that does not have this table I can put a new version up for you that does have this table.

rofl.. yeah what he said.. i also responded in both of your threads on camaro v6.. I gave a little more detail about what this code is all about and what you need to do to take care of it..

but as keith said.. you need (i belive the latest version) 1.4 to have access to that table..

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=4;t=001860

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=4;t=001857

I told yah more peeps would be needing this soon keith.. ;D
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Excellent find!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

i added it on all the ETC fitted v6's. If it's not there let me know.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Yea guys, I saw this table and had no idea what to do at the time to correct it. The bottom right corner is faded from green to yellow-green to yellow so I figure that could be the root of the problem. I've heard on firebirdv6.com that if I multiplied the values by 1.4 or thereabouts that would solve it. I also didn't know if I should only deal with the faded yellow area of the graph or flat out multiply everything by 1.4. If any of you would like to see the table I have it's saved in excel, and I'll send it ASAP after getting your mail.