Thread: 2006 Ion too rich

2006 Ion too rich

Im tuning, well trying to tune my buddies 06 redline. We got the offsets and flowrate done, basically just got the injectors down. It threw a too rich code and weve tried everything to fix the problem but cant get it to stop running so rich. He doesnt have a wideband yet but were just gettin it drivable til he gets his other mods done. What can we adjust to make it run a lil more normal?

Im used to tuning the lnf not the lsj so Im kinda new at tuning this

MAF tune with the fuel trims.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

We tried that, it did nothing. The ltft's are goin all the way to -22 and stays there

Are all the injector settings correct? If the injectors were changed the maf table might be pretty far off.

Do you have the tune file handy.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

Like I said tho, all we have done is the injectors so its drivable. Everything else is still stock.

Are you tuning the maf tables or ve tables. its set up to run off ve until 5800 rpms. Only other things I noticed while looking at it quick was you didnt have a short pulse adder set up and your short pulse limit is double what mine are. I would set it up to run maf only. Hell of alot easier to tune.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

Ok so how do I do that? Dont I disable open loop or something like that?

To run maf only

Engine> Airflow> Dynamic Airflow> High RPM Disable set to 300
    Engine> Airflow> Dynamic Airflow> High RPM Re-enable set to 200

That will disable your ve tables and run maf 100% of the time. Since there is no wide band just tune in via the fuel trims using an average of both short and long term.

I never advise to tune WOT with out a wide band.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

Ya thats what I told him, hes gettin his exhaust soon and when he gets that he can put his h/dp on along with the wideband

OK, after I get the maf tuned do I need to tune anything else fueling wise besides wot? Like the ve table or something?

Wont need to do anything with the ve table if you have it disabled like I recommended you to do. The maf table is really the only thing youll have to tune air/fuel wise if everything is set up correctly. Then hit the timing tables and then torque management if you want.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

Sweet, his car runs so much better now that I learned this. I cant wait for him to get his wideband!