Thread: No STFT's or LTFT's Need Help

Tuner in Training

No STFT's or LTFT's Need Help

So a friend has a TSP built 6.0 that put down 450whp when the previous owner had the car. Since he's had the car its gotten about 10mpg so i told him i'd take a look at the tune, well it's not showing any fuel trims at all... but looking at the tune i can't find anything that jumps out at me thats making it stay in open loop. Funny thing is, all the 02 sensor codes were turned off in the dtc settings and some other things seemed screwey before I changed them.... Anyways, here's the tune file and a log. Let me know what you think. I am STUMPED...

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

Tuner in Training
    wow, just realized i havn't posted in years on here...haha car in sig is a mid 10 sec. street car now..

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

wheres the o2s in the scan?

Tuner in Training
    Heres a different one with the o2's logged.

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

Closed Loop Proportional Airflow and Closed Loop Proportional Idle Airflow are no where's near where they should be. Return them to stock and see what happens.

Proportional enable rpm error (4 rpm) s/b higrer than the intergal. Stock is like 50 rpm

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 05-07-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Closed Loop Proportional Airflow and Closed Loop Proportional Idle Airflow are no where's near where they should be. Return them to stock and see what happens.

Proportional enable rpm error (4 rpm) s/b higrer than the intergal. Stock is like 50 rpm

Ed M
    Ok, i put CLPA back to stock. CLPIA is the same as what I have in a stock file though. And set Prop. enable rpm error back to stock which shows 50. Thanks for the help!

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

Tuner in Training
    Fixing to go meet up with the guy so i'll post up my findings later

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

One other thing, make sure the O2's are still wired up. Some tuners cut a wire to deactivate and force open loop...... This could be your problem as well. I see the activity DTC's have been shut off as well as the ones I guess you reactivated?

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 05-07-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    One other thing, make sure the O2's are still wire up. Some tuners cut a wire to deactivate to force open loop. This could be your problem as well.

Ed M

Yea never thought of this, we need to get it on the lift and check all the wiring. He's got the invoice from the previous owner where he had the install done at TSP but no idea where the tuning took place.

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

Tuner in Training
    And no idea why they deleated all the o2 codes. Last week I enabled all the front o2 codes and it threw a code last week, hoping this will give us more insight to the problem if its deeper than the tune.

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

I would almost bet a $10 on it being the O2's cut out......I know another shop that does that and the results are the same....

Good Luck

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 05-08-2010 at 05:43 AM.

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Well, flashed his car again tonight and nothing changed... I checked the codes on it:

[PCM] P0154 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 1 (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [PCM] P0507 - Idle Speed High (Old) (Immature)
    [PCM] P1626 - Theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Not Received (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] B1001 - Option Configuration Error (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)

Would just the passenger o2 cause no trims to show up if it isn't working properly? I've got a spare one were gonna put on it tomm. and see what happens.

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

Advanced Tuner
    I would check your wiring just to be sure.Some shops will cut the wire like stated above,but in my opinion that is not necessary.

Tuner in Training
    yea i dont understand why they cut the wire. why not just force it into SD in the tune....

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 342sunsetz View Post
    yea i dont understand why they cut the wire. why not just force it into SD in the tune....

hey justin...I'll be doing my cam monday night...(you better be there..LOL)
    and I'll be home till wednesday evening.. I can probably go with you to check out his car and get this sorted out...I'm sure If I'm sitting in front of the car with my HPT I can figure it out in a jiffy.
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer View Post
    hey justin...I'll be doing my cam monday night...(you better be there..LOL)
    and I'll be home till wednesday evening.. I can probably go with you to check out his car and get this sorted out...I'm sure If I'm sitting in front of the car with my HPT I can figure it out in a jiffy.
    haha, i'll be there man you can count on it. might talk to tater about bringing mine over and pullin the trans on the lift next week and gettn quint to fix it there and just putn it back in when the parts come in.

But i finally solved the problem............. Since the previous tuner shut off all his o2 codes it never threw the o2 code saying bank 2 sensor 1 o2 took a shit. Threw the o2 in it i had laying here at the house and the code went off on its own, datalogged it and its showing all the trims

Could have easily fixed it in no time if numnuts that tuned it knew what he was doing....

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

Glad you solved it ... I'll have to remember that for the next time

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 05-09-2010 at 08:07 PM.

[email protected]