Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HP Tuners and Superchips partnership

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal451
    I've read some of the "how to" articles from the links in these forums and of course they all talk about MAF because they're geared towards the LS1. The Charger uses a Speed Density system, how different will that be for tuning?

FWIW alot of us LS1 guys tune our cars for Speed Density (on an LS1, when you remove the MAF or turn it off, the PCM fails over to Speed Density)

There's a few tuning docs in some other sections in the stickies... while geared towards LS1s, the basic principle of SD tuning should be the same (basically just getting your Volumetric Efficiency table dialed in)
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Tuner
    How come Superchips.com web site does not even mention HP Tuners ?
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Tuner in Training
    The SCT was released yesterday, and as an SCT dealer, I was informed that I was required to spend a few thousand more to have the priviledge of tuning the GM's with the xcal2, even though I have spent around $20 grand for HP already. I'm not too thrilled about that, and will most probably continue to just tune with the laptop. If enough clients want it, I will have to charge an substantial extra premium for them to have their own tuner. I did not complain when the HP software went to from 20 grand to 8, but this double taxation is getting ridiculous.

SCT and Superchips are different companies.

SCT is a competitor to us

Superchips is our friend

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    IC.... Seems the marketing materials were a bit hazy. However, being able to add some sort of interface like that would be handy, so they could switch tunes.