Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 cyl - the votes are in!

Re: 4 cyl - the votes are in!

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper
    Well, I am a little late, but here is the start of the 2002+ Alero 2.2L DOHC tuners swamping you. Just because we have been outcasted by the shut down of Olds doesn't mean we can't run with the best of them. Here is to making a 2.2L DOHC in a 3400lb car (me included 8)) beat a v-8 in the quarter.
    all standard 4cyl code has a "faster than v8" fuel cutoff to prevent such a circumstance arising :P

it cannot be changed due to religious reasons...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Thats some funny sh*t Chris.

Anywasyatleast it looks like by the charts posted the 2.2/2200 OHV engine will get some much needed tuner love. My turbo engine thanks you and keep up the good work.

Im ready to order as soon as you say its ready.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #0003

2002 Blazer ZR2
    401ci gen5 LTx
    AWD/T56

1998 Olds Bravada
    Turbo 4.3 AWD
    "Winter Beater"

2008 Avalanche
    Daily Driver

Tuner in Training

so whats the update here?

when are these coming?

still in development.

hoping to start beta within a few weeks and then release maybe 4-6 weeks after that.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Chris: PLEASE LET ME HELP BETA! I need this software to tune my turbo eco so i can run more than 15PSI Plus i have lots of dyno access as needed to toy around with thise setup.
    Currently the 2nd fastest Ecotec J-Body roaming the streets. Aiming for more all the time.Best run: [email protected] w/ 1.867 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by 13SecondCavalier
    Chris: PLEASE LET ME HELP BETA! I need this software to tune my turbo eco so i can run more than 15PSI Plus i have lots of dyno access as needed to toy around with thise setup.
    I dunno if the stock PCM can handle boost, from what i've seen so far it either runs Speed Density (MAP) or Alpha-N (TPS) fueling. The software will only allow you to tune within the PCMs own limitations.

When we get a little closer to beta time i will post.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

I am still new to tuning, but getting better.

But, I already have hptuners for my '00 v6 Camaro.

My live in girlfriend has a stock '00 Z24, 2.4L Cavalier, if you are looking for a beta tester that already has the hardware(unless you need something new)

Don't worry, you won't be losing a potential sale, not really going to mod the car much, and likely wouldn't buy hptuners for it anyways.(that money is going to my car ) but I like to fiddle, and helping others

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    Ive got a question, what about the 96 2.2 ohv. the motor is the same as the 97 but is there a differance in the pcm that would make this non-compatale? assuming if everything went through for that motor. and if there is a big difference do you know if the pcm would be interchangable with a newer one that would be compatable? Thanks

not sure, may have to ask cavalier gurus... but v6 f-bodies have a similar issue. 95-96, can swap in a 97 PCM and use hptuners.

but not sure if the same will work for you.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

I dunno if the stock PCM can handle boost, from what i've seen so far it either runs Speed Density (MAP) or Alpha-N (TPS) fueling. The software will only allow you to tune within the PCMs own limitations.

When we get a little closer to beta time i will post.

Chris...

let me use it then, I am boosted 9 psi on an eco with NO ecu problems what so ever... it loves boost... if you need a boosted ecotec to tune beta let me know as I have dyno access as well..

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by IamQBE

let me use it then, I am boosted 9 psi on an eco with NO ecu problems what so ever... it loves boost... if you need a boosted ecotec to tune beta let me know as I have dyno access as well..

oh yeah btw... if the ecu sees boost it throws a map sensor code and then you run check valves, I have not had that problem yet

Tuner in Training

i havent gotten any codes do to the boost yet...except the system rich code but that doesnt bother me any
    Currently the 2nd fastest Ecotec J-Body roaming the streets. Aiming for more all the time.Best run: [email protected] w/ 1.867 60ft

Tuner in Training

I havent even gotten that, I used my wideband and boost to get great a/f's right now but I need more

Potential Tuner

Hey Chris, it's Phil if you need someone to do Beta on S-10's I will be willing to help out. I have a laptop ready to go.

Tuner in Training

any news? getting ansy, i wanna test this I need tuning capabilities soon.. I wanna hit 14 psi but cant without this..

Tuner in Training

why cant you? im running 16PSI at the track now just fine. dont know why you cant but im having 0 issues with the car doing those numbers

Tuner in Training

^^^ what fuel system mods are you running out of curiosity

Tuner in Training

330cc injectors, 6:1 Begi FMU, second fuel pump inline

Tuner in Training

I dont have a second fuel pump

Tuner in Training

btw how is this coming along?

Small Update

- base definition is done, now just populating calibrations. The 4cyl requires a number of changes to our editor due to different data structures within the PCM compared to the V8's & V6's. This complexity was unexpected.

- my goal was to have something out before SEMA but time is running out and extra hardware delays due to the Superchips partnership have delayed v2.0 further. The 4cyl requires the new hardware so this is gating things a bit at the moment.

- in terms of parameters i'm aiming for around the same number of parameters as the V6 so i don't envisage too many issues. However there may be a few things that will need tweaking once we get into beta. Experience would show these are generally model specific quirks related to torque management, electronic throttle etc.

Best case, beta will start before SEMA (Nov), worst case sometime in Nov.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...