Thread: AC controled cooling fans and tranny gear ratio

Tuner

AC controled cooling fans and tranny gear ratio

I am currently using a beta version you guys set up for me (over a year ago... VCMSuite-2_23_Beta_11CK) to tune my 2004 silverado and 2004 tahoe.

-1st
    This beat version allows one to set the turn on/off of fans in accordance with AC line pressure. This is a GOOOOOOOD thing for those of us who live out in say, AZ, where we need the AC to work IMMEDIATELY!!! Prior to this AC line pressure option, I had to force the low speed fans on at 60degrees F in order to ensure I'd get AC in the summer (115 degrees and no AC = BAD!!!).

Could you PLEASE put this in the standard release version (and release it)? I'm getting a bit tired of seeing "this is a beta version" constantly.

-2nd
    I'm about to undertake a t56 swap in the silverado and need to be able to adjust the tranny ratios. It is common knowledge that the drive-by-wire trucks really don't like the 0.50:1 overdrive in the t56s and won't enable cruise control. Cruse will work in 5th gear (0.74:1) since that is close to the OD (4th) in the 4L60e (0.70:1). Best guess is that the computer sees a considerable mismatch between what the RPM-vs-output IS and what it THINKS it "should" be.

Before I switched over to HPTuners, I had LS1Edit and I KNOW I remember seeing a table titled "Transmission Gear Ratios". At the time I didn't think much of it but now it would be VERY useful! If you guys could release this in both a beta (have sent an email requesting a beta) and then a final release, this would be of BIG help to many people!

Thanks in advance!
    Chris
    Last edited by 2001CamaroGuy; 04-25-2010 at 07:47 PM.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy View Post
    I am currently using a beta version you guys set up for me (over a year ago... VCMSuite-2_23_Beta_11CK) to tune my 2004 silverado and 2004 tahoe.

-1st
    This beat version allows one to set the turn on/off of fans in accordance with AC line pressure. This is a GOOOOOOOD thing for those of us who live out in say, AZ, where we need the AC to work IMMEDIATELY!!! Prior to this AC line pressure option, I had to force the low speed fans on at 60degrees F in order to ensure I'd get AC in the summer (115 degrees and no AC = BAD!!!).

Thanks in advance!
    Chris
    +1
    The fan control on the standard version is totally inadequate. None of the A/C pressure stuff is in there and what it does have is a little mislabeled.

2001CamaroGuy:
    at what pressure do you have your fans come on?
    BION
    StarCaller

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by StarCaller View Post
    2001CamaroGuy:
    at what pressure do you have your fans come on?

Fan 1 Enable AC Pressure: 220psi
    Fan 1 Disable AC Pressure: 150psi

Fan 2 Enable AC Pressure: 310psi
    Fan 2 Disable AC Pressure: 230psi

I didn't come up with these numbers personally but rather got them from a post somewhere on here. They have however worked wonderfully for almost 2 years now.

Make sure you have the min run times set for 30seconds are so. The compressor can cycle quite often (I know mine does) and you don't want the fans going on/off/on/off/on/off constantly.

Chris
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

thanx.
    might wanna adjust my numbers a little.
    BION
    StarCaller