Thread: Got dyno'd, take a look.

Tuner

Got dyno'd, take a look.

Went to a local dyno day this past weekend. The car made 394/349 on a dynojet. I was pretty rich for the majority of the run, in the 11.9-12.0 range. Moved closer to 12.5 up top. All of these were according to their WB. I have my LC-1 hooked up, but waiting for my HPT Pro cable to show up to start using it.

I'll post up a copy of the dyno sheet tomorrow. Please take a look at my tune and a log of the dyno runs and let me know what changes I need to make.

I definitely expected quite a bit more power and torque out of this winter's mods, which included ported and milled 243s, a ported FAST 90, a PTM 92 TB, Ford green top injectors, and 3.91 gears.

Last edited by nmcqueen469; 06-02-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    2004 PBM M6 GTO
    Torquer v.2, Lingenfelter 243s, FAST 90, PTM 92, SVO greentops, SS OTRCAI, SLP LTs, Powerbond UDP

What's the inlet restriction? Should have dyno'd it without the elbow to see what you'd get.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

92 kPa at WOT is really low, why only 18* of timing?
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    What's the inlet restriction? Should have dyno'd it without the elbow to see what you'd get.
    I would imagine it's the stock 78MM MAF now.

Quote Originally Posted by 69lt1bird View Post
    92 kPa at WOT is really low, why only 18* of timing?
    I've been fighting some hanging idle issues, which I thought was a vacuum leak, but I've searched high and low and can't find one. Some timing was pulled during the runs due to high IATs.

I haven't really touched the timing table, I've been focusing on the VE and MAF tables up to this point. This dyno day was kind of a spur of the moment deal.
    2004 PBM M6 GTO
    Torquer v.2, Lingenfelter 243s, FAST 90, PTM 92, SVO greentops, SS OTRCAI, SLP LTs, Powerbond UDP

Tuner
    Anyone else have any input?
    2004 PBM M6 GTO

Tuner in Training
    Make sure you are getting 100% TPS when you step on the gas. You can do it with HPT sitting with the car off once the cable arrives.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 00000D0101 View Post
    Make sure you are getting 100% TPS when you step on the gas. You can do it with HPT sitting with the car off once the cable arrives.
    I'm pretty sure I am, can't look at the log on this computer though.
    2004 PBM M6 GTO

Besides what the guys said above about rich at WOT and timing, it looks like you are having some timing (2 degrees or so) being removed at 5K/.87 cyl air in your scan. IAT timing may be attributing to 1 degree (102 degrees F) but not sure who is pulling timing. When you get your cable, log the timing family and make sure all is under control before tweaking the High Octane table.

The power will come when you get the Air Fuel and timing in line It is a nice flat torque curve.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Besides what the guys said above about rich at WOT and timing, it looks like you are having some timing (2 degrees or so) being removed at 5K/.87 cyl air in your scan. IAT timing may be attributing to 1 degree (102 degrees F) but not sure who is pulling timing. When you get your cable, log the timing family and make sure all is under control before tweaking the High Octane table.

The power will come when you get the Air Fuel and timing in line It is a nice flat torque curve.

Ed M
    Thanks for your response Ed. Which PIDs should I log for timing? Main advance? Knock retard? Others???
    2004 PBM M6 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by nmcqueen469 View Post
    Thanks for your response Ed. Which PIDs should I log for timing? Main advance? Knock retard? Others???
    Here is the one I use

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    don't the 391 gears mess up the actually hp readings? I'm pretty sure they do. You won't read hp as much as you have due to them, iirc.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Here is the one I use

Ed M
    Thank you. I'll try that one out later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by anymanusa View Post
    don't the 391 gears mess up the actually hp readings? I'm pretty sure they do. You won't read hp as much as you have due to them, iirc.
    They do, but how much seems to still be debated. I read about 10% lower than I expected, so the gears could have some effect I suppose.
    2004 PBM M6 GTO