Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 2.0.16 Available Now!!

Tuner in Training

Re: VCM Suite 2.0.16 Available Now!!

With another cable change on the horizon, it's time to really, really, really, really, SERIOUSLY consider a better hardware upgrade path.

The current path for the EIO upgrade is to send it in and wait for the upgraded cable to be returned "soon".

I assume that once the USB cable is released ("soon&quot, there will be another upgrade process involving sending the cable to be exchanged "soon".

The problem is, "soon" apparently means something very different to different people. "Soon" to me means I send in my old cable by FedEx Overnight, it arrives the next day, goes back out the SAME day by FedEx Overnight, and I'm only down for two days total, absolutely positively guaranteed, no matter what else is going on. Yeah, I'm sure some people have gotten it that quick, but I mean guaranteed - not "well, we were busy with other things, but it should go out first thing next month".

[edit: You (HPT) are busy doing good things. Why not simplify your lives, and maybe bring in some more revenue too?]

It would be MUCH easier for everyone [edit: (HPT and customers) if HPT] offered the option of just sending out replacement cables. I understand that the cable hardware is the copy protection, so you can't just send them out willy-nilly. No problem, just charge a core deposit. Set the deposit at the full price of simply buying a complete new software package. Heck, make it $1000. I don't care what the amount is as long as it is refunded once the old cable is returned. Raise the price of the upgrade a little if you have to [edit: make it worth your time ] . Offer the upgraded cable at a higher price with no exchange required if you have to (though that breaks the copy protection idea).

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about the upgrade price. I would happily pay MORE (within reason) to be able to upgrade the hardware without downtime.

[edit: I'm sure other people feel the same way. Of course, I'm sure some people will still want a bottom dollar option, even if they need to wait a while for it. However, during the racing season, several weeks of downtime is a LONG time. It effectively means, wait until the season is over or buy a second copy just to get the EIO cable. Neither option is very appealing.]

Downtime is not a solution, and "soon" means nothing.

A "zero downtime with core deposit" exchange is needed "soon", which really means "yesterday". [edit: In other words, I've got cash. Do you want it?]

Tuner

What is the difference between a .hpt file and a .bin file? This is something I didn't notice in 1.7 so I thought it would be fitting to ask in this thread.

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper
    What is the difference between a .hpt file and a .bin file? This is something I didn't notice in 1.7 so I thought it would be fitting to ask in this thread.

hpt files are encrypted

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Arron

hpt files are encrypted

I see. But can they both be used to flash the vcm? It's just that when I go to open a file, I see the same filename twice.

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Yea, V6 histograms should now be completely functional with no user interaction.

You can even use the same histograms as the V8 guys do. Most of them are interchangeable.

The help files describe this.
    Is it just me or do we still have little to no engine controls etc for the V6 ?
    The things I tried where set ses light, turn on fans, did not work on my
    2000 GA.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Tuner in Training

I'm having problems trying to access the download page. I forgot my passowrd. I sent HPtuners support a couple emails but haven't recieved a response on how to get my password. Is it some type of serial number or something? I forget, it's been so long since I've accessed it. How do I go about this since I'm not getting a response back. I know you guys are probably pretty busy with the 2.0 stuff, I'd just like to be able to log on to the download page.

Dougie
    2005 C6-402ci
    515whp/465wtq

Tuner in Training

Nevermind..........damn search button gets ya every time. LOL
    2005 C6-402ci
    515whp/465wtq

Tuner

In your HP Tuners folder in Programs, you should see:

VCM Editor
    VCM Scanner
    VCM Suite Help.

The help should have a blue question mark type icon. The help files have information as to why the VCM Flash is now integrated into VCM Editor.

I've downloaded V2.0.16 and I have those 3 icons in my HPT folder but I don't have the "VCM Suite Help" w/blue question mark icon, instead I have "VCM Suite" icon with a yellow question mark, is this correct?
    thanks

05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1

Is it just me or do we still have little to no engine controls etc for the V6 ?
    The things I tried where set ses light, turn on fans, did not work on my
    2000 GA.
    I am able to make all these changes on my 2001 GA. If they do not work (worked on 1.6+ for me), you should contact support.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

We only added 1.. MAF Fail freq.. We added it to most of the major V6 calibrations.
    I apparently don't have it. The GA I take it, is not the more popular V6 calibration If I do, where can it be found. I might not be looking in the right spot.

I don't remember having the Drive sprocket Ratio. Is this new, or am I new

All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Quote Originally Posted by xonelith

I apparently don't have it. The GA I take it, is not the more popular V6 calibration If I do, where can it be found. I might not be looking in the right spot.

I don't remember having the Drive sprocket Ratio. Is this new, or am I new

email support the file and i will add it.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

email support the file and i will add it.
    Ok thanks Chris.

but which file. The bin or the install? I'm not sure my email server will let me send a 12 Mb file.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

the .hpt/.bin
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Just read this Great News though

Keith,

Does this mean I get the new version direclty ?

Thanks

P.S. Still waiting on the tracking number
    03 Mercedes ML55 AMG - Stock
    06 S2000
    06 GMC Sierra 3500 - Tuned
    09 GT-R - Stock
    09 Lexus LX570
    10 Camaro SS , Bolt Ons , Tuned

Potential Tuner

Hi guys.
    Loaded the lastest version works well, I noticed some observations hopefully that you can explain or have already have been noted:

• All the parameter screens cannot be maximised. Is this suposed to be like that.

• When opening the engine parameter- fuel control - Open & closed loop and then hovering the mouse over a pararmeter, inparticular the Closed loop proportional functions there seems to be some text in the status line that is missing or not displayed? I haven't looked at the other parameters but I'm thinking that the text box has reached its character limit when there is a lengthy explaination.

Thanks, oh by the way great product.

Tuner

A few questions. I'm currently running ver 1.7 for a 1998 Z28.
    1. Do I understand correctly that I need a new cable for ver 2.0?
    2. Since "0" new parameters" added for V8's as previously posted, do I even need to upgrade to ver 2.0?
    3. The frameworks.net file needed to run this software appears to be 23 or 100 MB (not sure which file is required) which would take 4-6 hours on my dialup. I will pay for a disc and shipping both ways to to avoid having to do this.

Thanks
    1998 Z28 Red/Gray HT, A4, 3.23
    |Pacesetter, Hooker ORYP, Aerochamber|TSP Cam, PRC dual valve spring kit, LS2 timing chain|LS6 oil pump,|SLP Air Lid, P&P TB, FRA, TBB|Fuddle 3400 2.1, B&M cooler|GM iridium plugs, Taylor 8 mm|AMW catch can|J&M PHB & LCA's|HPTuners 2.1|HP House & Dyno Shop

Tuner in Training

No, you only need the new USB cable for the LS2, or to use USB without a converter. V2 still supports the V1.x cables.

You DO need the EIO cable to fully support a wideband sensor in 1.x or (presumably) V2. With version 1.7, at least, you can capture wideband data on a spare channel such as the AC pressure sensor, but you can't use the histograms that way.

The ability to add arbitrary histograms would be REALLY cool, but I doubt if they added that in V2 because then you wouldn't need to pay for the EIO upgrade. I have no problem with paying for the EIO upgrade (they did the work, they should be paid); I just don't understand why they can't come up with a better way to collect that money.

However, whichever 1.x serial cable you have, with or without EIO, is still supported.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by Vgrumble
    • When opening the engine parameter- fuel control - Open & closed loop and then hovering the mouse over a pararmeter, inparticular the Closed loop proportional functions there seems to be some text in the status line that is missing or not displayed? I haven't looked at the other parameters but I'm thinking that the text box has reached its character limit when there is a lengthy explaination.

Yeah they are aware of this and it will be corrected in an upcomming version
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by 98A4LS1
    A few questions. I'm currently running ver 1.7 for a 1998 Z28.
    1. Do I understand correctly that I need a new cable for ver 2.0?
    2. Since "0" new parameters" added for V8's as previously posted, do I even need to upgrade to ver 2.0?
    1.no you can use your old cable...fwiw I still have my cable from august 04' running it
    2.if you have free updates for 2.0 it would be wise considering the better layout and the highly improved/advanced scanner & editor

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Keith,

I downloaded 2.0 last thursday and installed on my laptop. Everything worked great until I tried to flash with it and I got a error.

[glow=red,2,300](The interface was not found or is not responding. Verify it is connected properly and that the vehicles diagnostic port has power)[/glow]
    I checked cable out and it seemed to be fine so I removed 2.0 and put 1.7 back on. Works fine with 1.7 so must not recognize my cable.

Thanks
    Nick