Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ver, 2.0

Tuner in Training

ver, 2.0

you guys better pop 2.0 out of your hat soon because the
    other programers are ready to come out with ls2 and other
    programs, if you want to be a winner youd better get it out soon.

Tuner

Re: ver, 2.0

Man I agree. COME ON.

POOP or get off the POT allready.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Tuner in Training

i heard its out . were is it , send me a beta copy to me please before winter.
    i think your starting to piss people off. and pretty soon your going to loose money,people will buy else ware, theres alot of tuning software out now days.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by zrater
    i heard its out . were is it , send me a beta copy to me please before winter.
    i think your starting to piss people off. and pretty soon your going to loose money,people will buy else ware, theres alot of tuning software out now days.
    blahahah...anyone in their right mind wouldnt go with ls2edit...so unless efilive comes out with it first i severely doubt they'll loose money on it. We've all been bugging them for like 6 months for 2.0 to come out...do you really think one more person is going to make them throw it out any earlier? Let them do what they have to do so you get a good product & not a beta product.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner

According to some posts on LS1Tech and LS2GTO.com, tuning shops are going to get their versions of 2.0 VERY soon.
    This thread says they might be shipping 7/26. (That would be TODAY!)

Any news on this from Chris, Keith, or Ken?
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Senior Tuner

It is released for Tuners/Pro-Shops ... the general public will get it about a month or so later. V2.0 is not only a software update, it involves a lot of other updates. You will all be amazed at the changes coming from HPTuners. ;D I better stop before I spill the too many beans and have the guys kill me.

Tuner

So OUR MONEY was not as good as yours ? If I had not allready bought
    1.6 I would be looking elsewhere. This is just plane arse rude. I along
    with many others bought because KEITH tolds us, "go ahead and buy now" " you will get the new ver 2.0 shortly" .

And enough of how WONDERFULL it is. SHOW ME THE SOFTWARE.

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    It is released for Tuners/Pro-Shops ... the general public will get it about a month or so later. V2.0 is not only a software update, it involves a lot of other updates. You will all be amazed at the changes coming from HPTuners. ;D I better stop before I spill the too many beans and have the guys kill me.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1
    with many others bought because KEITH tolds us, "go ahead and buy now" " you will get the new ver 2.0 shortly" .

first off is 1.7 really lacking that much stuff? Secondly if you bought it within the timeframe stated in the sticky you'll get 2.0 so I wouldnt worry...everything you need is in 1.7...2.0 just makes things even prettier & even easier the the 1.x stuff. As far as teh not as good as yours thing goes again it probably relates to beta testers...i would rather have 5 shops purchase it & relay the problems to hptuners rather then ship out 200 boxes with 2.0+ thousands of updates with 2.0 & every one of those see issues and email support about them when it couldve just been caught by the shop tuners...maybe its me, but I tune about a car a week & I'll be honest until it comes out I could take it or leave it. Bottom line is im not gonna bitch over it not being out yet we'll get it when we get it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1

Of course our money is not any better than the end-user's, but it is well obvious why tunershops receive the product first. Let us not forget that WE tunershops are the ones who fully test and lend to develop this product for all of the end-users. This isn't rude, period.

As soon as it is released everyone will stop being so antsy (including me, lol), and instead will be praising it. It would have been foolish for Keith and the gang at HPT to not give information out about this product up until now. There actions are the standard in the software industry, and I fully support them.

Remember, the current HPT1.7 is obviously the best GM software on the market, and has the largest and most knowledgeable user-base. I don't think 99% of all of us who own it would consider switching.

Sincerely,

James - www.RWTD.com
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I still feel that we were lied to. Telling us back in march it was coming soon. :
    1982 GMC S15 5.3 4L80e
    1954 Corvette ls swap in progress

Tuner

I need the COMPARE function.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667

first off is 1.7 really lacking that much stuff? Secondly if you bought it within the timeframe stated in the sticky you'll get 2.0 so I wouldnt worry...everything you need is in 1.7...2.0 just makes things even prettier & even easier the the 1.x stuff. As far as teh not as good as yours thing goes again it probably relates to beta testers...i would rather have 5 shops purchase it & relay the problems to hptuners rather then ship out 200 boxes with 2.0+ thousands of updates with 2.0 & every one of those see issues and email support about them when it couldve just been caught by the shop tuners...maybe its me, but I tune about a car a week & I'll be honest until it comes out I could take it or leave it. Bottom line is im not gonna bitch over it not being out yet we'll get it when we get it.

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    I still feel that we were lied to. Telling us back in march it was coming soon. :
    I agree. That was a little misleading. Here we are almost to August and still no 2.0.
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Tuner

Yeah, I'm kinda done complaining about late release at this point, and I do think they did things right in extending support, but this delay made me lose a good deal of faith in HPTuners. :'(

i think that they're just trying to support too many OS's without increasing their staff. Stick with LS1, LS2, do it right, and do it on time.
    2002 Z51 C5 MN6 Coupe&&SuperMaxx Headers, Vararam, Ti Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by BQuicksilver
    i think that they're just trying to support too many OS's without increasing their staff. Stick with LS1, LS2, do it right, and do it on time.
    Supporting the vehicles is not the problem. 2.0 is a very large release for many reason already discussed (new programming language, changing business model, new website, new ordering system, new licensing options and new hardware). A couple of external factors and suppliers have been delaying the process up until recently mostly related to the hardware side of things and it really is a case of we being strung along and being told "soon" also. It's no excuse and thats why we haven't tried to make it into one along the way, we have told you guys as much as we can without trying to make it sound like someone elses problem. We are HP Tuners and at the end of the day we stand by our decisions not air our dirty laundry in public and be responsible.

The good news is that we *do* have those things sorted now and release is extremely close. Also, remember we have 100's if not 100's of customers who want to upgrade to the new USB interface so getting it right first time is paramount.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Food for thought,
    If the pro-tuners do such a great job of beta-testing, why do so many us also-rans identify bugs and make suggestions to improve the product? At the end of the day, we are all consumers, and business relies on cashflow, turnover, profit etc..... we all contribute

Flame suit is being put on
    cheers
    brh26

Quote Originally Posted by brh26
    Food for thought,
    If the pro-tuners do such a great job of beta-testing, why do so many us also-rans identify bugs and make suggestions to improve the product? At the end of the day, we are all consumers, and business relies on cashflow, turnover, profit etc..... we all contribute

Flame suit is being put on
    cheers
    brh26
    Hi Bryan,

It is rare for one of our tuner shops or beta testers to post on the forum. We are in most cases in daily phone and/or email contact with them. A lot goes on behind the scenes of the forum, who we have testing stuff and what is being tested/developed at any one time is generally not public information and in some cases covered by non-disclosure agreements.

This is sometimes at our request and sometimes at the tuner/developer request. For some reason, a lot of tuners don't want a whole lot of people to know what they are testing

Don't take this the wrong way but tunershops help us cover large and sometimes weird and wonderful issues in a very short time whilst maintaining a realistic number of testers that can be handled during the tests.

We do value the support and ideas from our entire customer base and many of these ideas have been implemented in 2.0. It's not a question of who do we value more, its really a question of how do we release a thoroughly tested product to the mass market in the shortest possible time and lowest possible risk.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Hi Chris,
    Was just unfortunate timing on our previous posts. I was saying that we all play a part in arriving at a product that does such a great job, not just beta-testers. You guys have created a forum that lets us have input into future developments and at the same time identify opportunities to improve the current product. Pro-tuners no doubt will do a great job of bulk testing the robustness and principle tuning features of the product, but at the end of the day they are in business to make money from volume of work going through their shop, whereas you can also tap into the curiousity/pioneer approach that enthusiasts (also-rans ) can and will take the time to test and scrutinise to the nth degree.

Now if only I could get get my hands on a beta version

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brh26
    Hi Chris,
    Was just unfortunate timing on our previous posts. I was saying that we all play a part in arriving at a product that does such a great job, not just beta-testers. You guys have created a forum that lets us have input into future developments and at the same time identify opportunities to improve the current product. Pro-tuners no doubt will do a great job of bulk testing the robustness and principle tuning features of the product, but at the end of the day they are in business to make money from volume of work going through their shop, whereas you can also tap into the curiousity/pioneer approach that enthusiasts (also-rans ) can and will take the time to test and scrutinise to the nth degree.

Now if only I could get get my hands on a beta version

Brian
    there is always v2.1 (geez did i say that out loud?) ;D

I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

there is always v2.1 (geez did i say that out loud?) ;D

Chris you are a glutten for punishment

Tuner

The good news is that we *do* have those things sorted now and release is extremely close.

Oh sure, the checks in the mail.