Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ver, 2.0

Re: ver, 2.0

You'll also just have to trust me...this product, even over the past 3 weeks, is getting more and more polished by the minute. They are up to their eyeballs in the little nuances right now.

Functionally, this thing is ready to go. I've put it through its paces (both the scanner and the editor), and for the beginner to mildly advanced tuner, they'll have no issues. I'd highly doubt even the most advanced users will have an issue. Custom histograms aren't hard to figure out at all, and everything works as advertised. I've done full rewrites, everything. No problems.

2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

werd...they have been giving us new versions every few days so they are definitly hard at work getting it polished. So to say they are procrastinators is pretty out of line.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Yeah...I even sent them an 86 page revision of their help file that fixed spelling errors, grammar type stuff, etc. My stuff alone will take them forever to incorporate...

11.02 @ 130

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

so your the holdup...screw blaming keith & crew...lets all point the finger your way ;D

Just have someone change my title from "Newbie" to "Scapegoat" and I'll start fielding the complaints
    11.02 @ 130

fyi, new 2.0 was put up last night for all the testers.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

That's old news Keith When's 3.0 coming out?
    11.02 @ 130

Potential Tuner

Well, I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. Keith said it would ship out Monday Sept. 12th, but still nothing. He emailed me back and said today it would (crossing my fingers). I hope so because I am running pig rich @ idle right now and I have some tuning to do. Also I want my service engine soon light gone after I deleted EGR, AIR, and the rear O2 sensors.

Mike
    1999 Trans Am M6 black

Potential Tuner

Please Keith, please, oh please, please, please. I'm begging you.....oh please today. :'(
    1999 Trans Am M6 black

Tuner

Sounds like we are getting closer........
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

What was the title of this post originally??

HP Tuners Beta .04...........??

Hehehehee..................

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    fyi, new 2.0 was put up last night for all the testers.

What does this mean?
    2007 CTS-V LS2

Potential Tuner

All I want to know is what happened to a few more days. That was two weeks ago. I do not mind waiting but, I hate waiting when I think it will be soon and now its weeks later. WELL MAYBE A FEW MORE DAYS

I'd probably be excited too, but doesn't look like there is going to be anything significant for us V6's

Oh well, I'm waiting for V3.0 ;D
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Remember guys this is only a 3 person operation even if all 3 did the programming which I doubt its very time consuming. I know for a fact only one is taking emails about 2.0 & its bugs so I assume he is doing the programming for it while the others take care of the other aspects of the business. They are basically reinventing the wheel with 2.0...its almost like starting the company over again...give em a break with the "are we there yet speeches"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by xonelith
    I'd probably be excited too, but doesn't look like there is going to be anything significant for us V6's

Oh well, I'm waiting for V3.0 ;D
    Theres enough to keep the v6 crew happy imo...the scanner will be the biggest thing for the v6 guys but theres alot of "fixes" that have also been thrown in...if you have something specific to request throw it into the request section of the site & im sure they'll do their best to accomidate if its feasible.

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    They are basically reinventing the wheel with 2.0...its almost like starting the company over again...give em a break with the "are we there yet speeches"

To play the Devil's advocate, no one said any of this was easy. What most are complaining about are the several, "in a month", "any day now", "soon", type of predictions of the release... I HOPE this was not done to keep interest up. :-/ It has polarized many with unfavorable opinions in the LSX community. I think instead of releasing "soft" dates that would/could not be met they should have said nothing (it would have produced less drama). jmo
    2007 CTS-V LS2

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by SideStep

To play the Devil's advocate, no one said any of this was easy. What most are complaining about are the several, "in a month", "any day now", "soon", type of predictions of the release... I HOPE this was not done to keep interest up. :-/ It has polarized many with unfavorable opinions in the LSX community. I think instead of releasing "soft" dates that would/could not be met they should have said nothing (it would have produced less drama). jmo
    initally it was more like "wait until 2.0 comes out" everybody snowballed it into this big ordeal...not hpt but everyone on this board in reality...if you got your hopes up prematurely it was your own fault and not theirs imo. For the most part when people asked for it they said soon...they gave no specific dates because it wasn't possible since it was such a large undertaking with so many things going on at once. Go and count how many "are we there yet" comments have been posted here and for what? Just to aggrevate the rest of us that are here for information & problem solving? If i didnt already have a beta copy I'd probably say something like "quit your bitching" the thing is I cant say that now since I'd get bashed as a nut hugger which is the farthest thing from the truth. The truth is HPT & I have had our differences in the past but its a business they have their points I have mine but we have one thing in common which is that we all want great software to be available. New users dont want a beta version they want a complete version which is what they are working towards...if it takes a day, a week, a month, a year, deal with it. 1.7 was a more than capable tuning tool & I was one of the few that honestly didnt give a rats patute when 2.0 came out...thankfully they were nice enough to drop it in my lap...hmmm didnt complain=win, the ones who are complaining probably have hypertension, high blood pressure as well as other physical ailments because of it...life is too short to worry about when the next update will be released ;D as for the usb units I almost feel bad for people with ls2 powered cars wanting to tune them, but the fact is it will be one of if not thee first product available to the masses for ls2's. Everybody wants things faster, sooner, better...sometimes you get all three sometimes you just get one...I'll take better.

Tuner in Training

What does this mean?
    It means it's not ready yet. "Soon", while relative, was optimistic, imo. Any predictions on release should be taken with a few millions grains of salt.

Advanced Tuner

SideStep i agree with you and i don't think i am the only one .