Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ver, 2.0

Re: ver, 2.0

It was, back in April.

1982 GMC S15 5.3 4L80e
    1954 Corvette ls swap in progress

I chuckled... could you guys imagine if they had a store and we were all waiting outside right now? I think their already would have been a riot.

Well, another morning passed, and no new updates on the main page. I start every morning with my visit...I would love to be happy some morning soon.. ;D
    Regal GS Site Owner / HPT Moderator / FTV6 Mod

Tuner in Training

lol

More Than Zero

Tuner

tic.....toc......tic.....toc SOS different day.

Checks in the mail, coming out soon, I did not have sexual relations with
    that woman, I never took steroids.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Advanced Tuner

^^^^

ya know... if you're going to be a sarcastic ass in every single post you make you could AT LEAST come up with some new material...
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by horist
    ^^^^

ya know... if you're going to be a sarcastic ass in every single post you make you could AT LEAST come up with some new material...

;D ;D ;D
    2007 CTS-V LS2

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by horist
    ^^^^

I honestly dont mind it at this point...at some point the mods or admins will get sick of hearing it & just ban the ip

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by foff667

I honestly dont mind it at this point...at some point the mods or admins will get sick of hearing it & just ban the ip
    If it bothers you so much that some of us are pissed about the delays (being nice there) then don't read this post. Nobody is forcing you to
    click on the topic , are they ? If you prefer a country without freedom
    of speech, go there.

I'm so sick of hearing all the BS on why we don't have V2.0 yet.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1
    If you prefer a country without freedom
    of speech, go there.

??? ??? ??? what's that got to do with a privately owned and operated message forum?

anyways i'm out... gotta do some tuning on my car
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1

If it bothers you so much that some of us are pissed about the delays (being nice there) then don't read this post. Nobody is forcing you to
    click on the topic , are they ? If you prefer a country without freedom
    of speech, go there.

I'm so sick of hearing all the BS on why we don't have V2.0 yet.
    You have nothing productive to offer this site I think thats why people get "bothered" by you. Your last ~25 posts have been in this thread all of them with smart ass comments starting in what? June? When its released it will be released...kinda like that other company stating 98 support was gonna happen soon & it taking 10mo & xxdays to be released from that initial statement...the grass isnt always greener on the other side guys.

Tuner in Training

:huh2:
    FWIW

1. customer $'s fund this site (i dare anyone to prove otherwise).

2. customer feedback always helps to grow a biz. (if listened to and filtered)

3. I would not be quick to knock someone who expresses his frustration with an issue that needs to be reconized as a problem. (telling customers that the new product will be out by jan 05 and it is looking like maybe oct 05).

4. I agree that our posts would be more constructive if they were more +, but just because the other products do something that is wrong does not make it alright to do it, also this just leads to new products comming in to fix the problems and the old product falling by the wayside. if we all took the attitude that we will take what ever we get or that what we have is ok so why look for better then we would all be using LS1edit lol.

5. I think that a main return to hp from this site is that they get an idea of how we the customers are reacting to issues and where they need to focus there efforts.

6. I agree that I would rather have the corrected, bug reduced version of the software (however long it takes), but it would be better for the biz. if the owners took the indicated frustration with their planning and scheduling deficencys to heart in the future.

I spend my time on this site to learn tuning and to help develop this product. with this in mind I think that unless I'm baned from this site I will keep asking stupid questions and comminting on things that I think need to be improved with this product/biz.

soooooo

"is it done?, is it done?, is it done?, are we there?, is it done?

More Than Zero

What he said................

Have funnnnnnnnnnn....................

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by M_T_0
    1. customer $'s fund this site (i dare anyone to prove otherwise).

2. customer feedback always helps to grow a biz. (if listened to and filtered)

3. I would not be quick to knock someone who expresses his frustration with an issue that needs to be reconized as a problem. (telling customers that the new product will be out by jan 05 and it is looking like maybe oct 05).

4. I agree that our posts would be more constructive if they were more +, but just because the other products do something that is wrong does not make it alright to do it, also this just leads to new products comming in to fix the problems and the old product falling by the wayside. if we all took the attitude that we will take what ever we get or that what we have is ok so why look for better then we would all be using LS1edit lol.

5. I think that a main return to hp from this site is that they get an idea of how we the customers are reacting to issues and where they need to focus there efforts.

6. I agree that I would rather have the corrected, bug reduced version of the software (however long it takes), but it would be better for the biz. if the owners took the indicated frustration with their planning and scheduling deficencys to heart in the future.

I spend my time on this site to learn tuning and to help develop this product. with this in mind I think that unless I'm baned from this site I will keep asking stupid questions and comminting on things that I think need to be improved with this product/biz.
    1. I agree, but...don't abuse it otherwise it will turn into a shithole forum...this is a tuning and help forum if you need help or want to learn how to tune come here...if your gonna complain find an aag forum and post there The only post I wanna see about 2.0 is coming from Keith, Chris or Ken saying 2.0 is on your download page.

2. When a post is working on 12 pages long thats alot of BS filtering...most 12 page theads I've seen are about someone that put a turbo on his civic but didnt run the turbo piping to his intake & wondered why his boost gauge wasnt showing any boost not bashing the company that runs this forum for 12 strait pages.

3. Nor would I be QUICK to knock someone...if your referring to rckrzy1's posts again his last 25 posts have been about are we there yet, i didnt have sexual relations with that woman, blah blah blah...after that many posts I honestly wish they'd ban him.

4. My point with that portion of my post is everyone is saying oh well at least this product comes out with timely updates its a bunch of BS hpt comes out with an update almost monthly for most...this happens to be a big one and has taken longer then most start to finish then just adding some new features...this is a ground up rebuild.

5. Agreed

6.I feel they will be much more aware now in how they handle their hints towards things. Hopefully they will learn just to suprise everyone with their big news instead of stringing them along...but for people that were undecided in buying this or efilive it was a teaser to bring them over...and once it is released I think those users will be very happy with what they waited on as most of the features match or blow away what efi live has to offer for less money.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by foff667

1. I agree, but...don't abuse it otherwise it will turn into a shithole forum...this is a tuning and help forum if you need help or want to learn how to tune come here...if your gonna complain find an aag forum and post there The only post I wanna see about 2.0 is coming from Keith, Chris or Ken saying 2.0 is on your download page.

2. When a post is working on 12 pages long thats alot of BS filtering...most 12 page theads I've seen are about someone that put a turbo on his civic but didnt run the turbo piping to his intake & wondered why his boost gauge wasnt showing any boost not bashing the company that runs this forum for 12 strait pages.

3. Nor would I be QUICK to knock someone...if your referring to rckrzy1's posts again his last 25 posts have been about are we there yet, i didnt have sexual relations with that woman, blah blah blah...after that many posts I honestly wish they'd ban him.

4. My point with that portion of my post is everyone is saying oh well at least this product comes out with timely updates its a bunch of BS hpt comes out with an update almost monthly for most...this happens to be a big one and has taken longer then most start to finish then just adding some new features...this is a ground up rebuild.

5. Agreed

6.I feel they will be much more aware now in how they handle their hints towards things. Hopefully they will learn just to suprise everyone with their big news instead of stringing them along...but for people that were undecided in buying this or efilive it was a teaser to bring them over...and once it is released I think those users will be very happy with what they waited on as most of the features match or blow away what efi live has to offer for less money.

i agree with most if not all of the above, the only thing that I would like to see them learn from this, is that when you make an estimate that is anything more that 100% off, is really bad. It may work to pull in additional $ buy puting out estimates that are 400% off (last oct they were estimating 3 months and it has been 12), but long term it will hurt your biz. and like it or not I have an investment in this company.

I do think that they did the right thing by changing the upgrade policy, but if this kind of thing becomes SOP then there are a lot of people that will vote with there pocketbook.

JMO

More Than Zero

ps: is it done?

guys its just software update...

is there really any reason to get so upset on waiting for it? I mean can't you just go tune your car or something with the current version? I know I can.

Senior Tuner

Guys, have a little patience please. You make it sound like we have been sitting around and doing nothing but jerking you guys around.

When the initial conception of 2.0 was on the design board, it would have only taken 3 months to release it. During that time we decided to undergo a complete hardware/software/website re-design based on the features you people requested.

Back then we had several things to accomplish (new software, LS2 support and new hardware). All of these things have to play together and it takes a lot of design time to do so.

Then came the talks with MSD/Superchips. We now had to start adding support for Ford/Dodge. That needed a huge re-write of the 2.0 software and a hardware re-design. This takes a LOT of time. As the 2.0 upgrade for the serial based hardware users is nothing more than some GUI and compare enhancements (nothing that you can't already tune with 1.7) we could not afford the time for software bug changes.

While we get a good chuckle at some of the posts on here, telling us that we need to "learn from this" is a major insult. You guys take your pick. Either you want to know about upcoming products or you don't. If telling you about what's coming next is going to wind up with this kind of response, then we are more than willing to keep our mouths shut.

I don't want to lock this thread, but I will start deleting those kind of negative posts that serve no other purpose than to just complain.
    This is the final warning.

No go tune your vehicle and have some fun at the track

Ken

yesterday I sent PM's to a few people

I decided to try to nicely curb some rude individuals who needto learn some patience....

IF I had power...those people would start getting timeouts....
    gonna have to start treating thise people like my 5 year old....

So I'mgonna say a few things again here...so everybody can see

I do not speak for any of the HPTuners Owners or Staff directly...as some of them might not feel exactly the same way as I do..but I'm sure they will agree for the most part

Please limit your non constructive posting.
    I kindly ask that you please only post constructively post...meaning IF its not a legitimate tuning question, or a legitimate tuning answer to somebody elses question, then please dont post it. we try to keep this forum as an answer place for those who need help with heir tuning problems...
    Thank you,

Your friendly neighborhood Forum Hall Monitor
    ]
    -Scott -

Potential Tuner

Ken, please keep the updates coming, along with the great software. This hobby attracts lots of young guys, and a small minority of them just haven't learned when to keep their mouth shut. They just need more time to grow up.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners

While we get a good chuckle at some of the posts on here, telling us that we need to "learn from this" is a major insult.

Then came the talks with MSD/Superchips. We now had to start adding support for Ford/Dodge. That needed a huge re-write of the 2.0 software and a hardware re-design. This takes a LOT of time. As the 2.0 upgrade for the serial based hardware users is nothing more than some GUI and compare enhancements (nothing that you can't already tune with 1.7) we could not afford the time for software bug changes.
    Alot of us, including myself, didn't realize the timeline went like that & you had to redo everything twice :-/