Thread: P0033 DTC after popping out a pipe

P0033 DTC after popping out a pipe

Hi,

I am having this code after installing both 3" intercooler pipes.

Everything was ok until I pushed the pedal and the TB rubber elbow popped out. I put in on its place, plug the cable and saw this code. I erased it and it appears again after 30-40 miles...

"""[ECM] P0033 - Turbo/Super Charger Bypass Valve Control Circuit (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0033 - Turbo/Super Charger Bypass Valve Control Circuit"""

I don't know what can be the problem. The car goes well, no limp mode, but I really hate the engine light blinking on the dash.

Thanks!
    Only motor

I'll bet you still have a boost leak someplace. Recheck your IC and TB connections.

Other possibility is that when it came off it popped the BPV diaphram somehow or a vac line came off/split. Did you hook the BPV solenoid line to the new CP?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

What is the bypass valve? The diverter valve or the wastegate actuator solenoid?

My stock diverter valve is blocked with the BTF block off plate and I am using a TiAL, everything worked fine for about 2 years. The stock wastegate actuator solenoid is still virgin, I didn't touch it since I bought the car.

I don't think it's a leak beacause the car is spiking almost same as before and there is no leak noise. I will check that anyway.

Thanks!
    Only motor

If you are running a BOV that's the issue, the system wonders where the air went. Just disable the code. It's prob a coincidence it just showed up.

The BPV (bypass valve) is the bypass built into the stock turbo. Spring loaded diaphragm vacuum operated valve.

I am runing a MAF trough configuration, just like the shabby pipes.

Just swapped the stock 2.5" pipes for new 3", everything is exactly the same. Except the MAF calibration of course.

It can't be fouling because of the unmetered air. The MAF is after the BOV.
    Only motor

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    If you are running a BOV that's the issue, the system wonders where the air went. Just disable the code. It's prob a coincidence it just showed up.

The BPV (bypass valve) is the bypass built into the stock turbo. Spring loaded diaphragm vacuum operated valve.
    Should I disable the code on the DTCs window in the HPTuners then?
    Only motor

I would. Perhaps the increased flow of the 3" pipes pushed it over the edge of detection.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I would. Perhaps the increased flow of the 3" pipes pushed it over the edge of detection.
    I was thinking that could be the different pressure reading between both MAP sensors.

The postintercooler MAP sensor reads less boost now (3") than before (2.5" stock size) and the intake manifold MAP reads the same as it has the same volume. Could be this difference what makes to blink the engine light...

Thanks a lot!

PS: Car feels MUCH better with this pipes! I will take some pics tomorrow.
    Only motor

I've noticed that I didn't disable any DTC with the GMPP tune. My werks tune had a lot of them disabled, and now, with the GMPP the only code that I had to disable was the P0033... Werks disabled codes for nothing then?

Some pics of the new configuration:

Only motor

Very nice!