Thread: Cold start issue..... %$&*^%!!!!

Angry Cold start issue..... %$&*^%!!!!

Hello all you wonderful technical people that know what you're doing!

So this is on my 08 G8 GT. List of mods are on my signature. I've customized this tune to where the performance part is utterly psycho on 94+ octane. But as I've played around with my timing and overall fuel tables to reach this performance, the cold starts have gotten worse and worse to the point where it will barely start, especially when it's about 70* out in the shop. Once it's warm it does alright on start ups, but otherwise it's what I'd like to call pathetic. It bogs, and pops, and nearly dies, and I do not have experience changing the start ups on vehicles to accommodate the tune. I'm at around 3500 feet in altitude, and I'm attaching my tune to this so please please I need help! Thanks in advance to anyone who will take a look at this.

Your overall disgruntled Tuner,
    Robbie.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

can you post up a log.. would like to take a look at your fuel trims..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Engine > Idle > Airflow > Start up airflow vs. ERT vs ETC
    In Maggie superchargers values in that table are double, specially from 133F to 306F.

Engine > Idle > Airflow > Final Idle Airflow minimum vs RPM vs Gear
    Your values are very low, usually they start at 8 at 200 rpm and end at 11 in 1200rpm (you can Interpolate these values). From 1600 to 8000 you don't need to change them.

Engine > Idle > RPM > Idle Speed min vs VSS
    Set 675rpm in all the table. Must be same the lower value you set in the Target Idle Speed table.

Give it a try.

Thanks loppad. Made some massive improvements. I also ripped an MAF calibration out of 09 CTS-V, as they are Supercharged, and I believe that this will help as well. Will post a log whenever I get the newest tune uploaded.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Thanks loppad. Made some massive improvements. I also ripped an MAF calibration out of 09 CTS-V, as they are Supercharged, and I believe that this will help as well. Will post a log whenever I get the newest tune uploaded.
    Why not customize your MAF calibration for your car instead of trying to copy one from another vehicle with a completely different intake geometry?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Exclamation To be honest....

I have no clue how to tune a MAF!!!!! How do you do this??? I've been asking for as like as I have had my tuner.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Meant as long as I have had my tuner. Oops.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

PM sent DSteck

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray