Thread: HP Tuners & Linux

HP Tuners & Linux

Anybody tried to run hptuners using wine or something similar?
    99 Hugger Orange Z28 M6
    Lid | Long Tubes | Pulley | LS6 Intake | Ported Tbody
    9" | 4.10's | Torque Arm | Panhard Bar | Lower Control Arms
    337rwhp/339rwtq
    8.355 @ 86.28 / 12.828 @ 110.85 1.971 60'

04 Black Cobra (Wife's)
    CAI | Catback | Pulley | Ported Eaton
    502rwhp/548rwtq
    track times coming soon...

Potential Tuner

Re: HP Tuners & Linux

I was thinking about running vmware and then running a windowxp instalation within it . However the last thing I would want to do is to try to write to the VCM and have linux kill the vmware session in the middle of a write or run into some fluke where a couple of bits got bit switched due to trying to run it from within an emulator.

Tuner in Training

Even if linux killed the VMWare you would techincally still be fine because normally you should be using the Calibration writes, not the entire VCM write. If your laptop died during a calibration write, it wont kill the VCM, as you will just re-do the write and it will write it fine, because first step in the Calibration write is to clear all the values and re-write it based on your tune file.

Basically in a nutshell, you cant screw up your VCM on a calibration write, now on a full VCM write, you can, but you should almost never need to do that unless you transplanted the VCM from another car.

Dixit
    2002 Z06 AFR205cc, Crane 228/232 .600" 112LSA Cam, MAMO-fied FAST intake, MAMO-fied LS2 90mm TB, Kooks LT 1.75" Headers, Magnaflow Xpipe to Straight Pipes, Blackwing Intake. And then about $5k in audio/video

Tuner in Training

Here it is... VCM Scanner in wine... havent tested anything else, just loaded up a config. Ill try scanning later on this weekend....

Debian testing, stock packaged Wine 20050524 configured with:
    http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/

Just had to change the config to win2k instead of win98.

http://www.michcom.net/~tim/hptinwine.png

Tuner in Training
    I know this is an old thread, just wondering if there has been any new news.

I just installed Ubuntu on my old laptop, I'm going to give Linux a shot. Right now, the only Software I think I would like to still have access to is HPTuner.

I'm new to Linux all together, hence the Ubuntu install, but I'll be experimenting with Wine and a few other apps.

hmmmm, let me know how the ubuntu worked out for you... i just transfered my harddrive into a new laptop (with working screen and keyboard finally haha) and my windows partition isnt getting along with the motherboard or something and not loading.

any news on how wine worked out for anyone else, mainly someone running ubuntu? i've never had any luck with running anything on wine, but i've mainly tried games and i know starcraft just failed miserably...

06 G6 GTP M6 3.9L LZ9 (pushrod V6 with VVT)

Tuner in Training
    I've got it working well. Running Ubuntu 8 on a Dell Mini 9 over WINE. See this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=155741