Thread: LC-1 Problems

Potential Tuner

LC-1 Problems

Just finished hooking up my LC-1 and went out to do some logging. Although HP Tuners recognizes my LC-1, it reads a constant A/F of 11.3 throughout my rpm range. Also, it does not deviate from 11.3 A/F at all. I used the LC-1 PID in HP tuners, and confirmed and reconfirmed the wiring to the EIO is correct (using Analog out 2 on the LC-1). Anybody have any idea what the problem is? Trying to figure out if its the software interface (the PID) or the sensor itself......

Re: LC-1 Problems

How exactly do you have it wired up? I just finished mine up on Saturday, but it seems as if I got it to work the first time (well, after a little banging my head on the wall). I did my analog out 2 to the HPT EIO white wire.

After finally getting my laptop to recognize it tonight, I figured out that if you select the LC-1 PID, it appears as if it is set up to read the LC-1 just as it came from the factory (which is a linear 0-5V, reading 7.35-22.39 AFR). I went ahead and reprogrammed my analog out 2 to read 10-20 AFR from 0-5V, and it works just fine. If I ask it to log the LC-1 PID now (and not the custom one I set up in HPT's Scanner), it reads about 4 points lower in the scale.

My computer is also slow as crap, and has a hard time logging everything I selected in HPT. It just crashes now if I ask it to show anything, even just the table. Kinda shitty, but I have another laptop on order. Did you wire up the LED?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Potential Tuner

It's set up exactly as yours is. LC-1 Analog Out 2 to HP Tuners White wire with the LC-1 PID selected.....LC-1 system ground is attached to HP Tuners ground (black) wire....A/F ratio will not budge from 11.3

I can't even get LC-1 Programmer to connect via serial port to confirm and/or reprogram if necessary. HP Tuners works fine with my serial port but LC-1 programmer doesn't. Very frustrating...

I had the same problem getting my laptop to recognize the LC-1 through the serial port...what I ended up doing is plugging it in, opening the program, replugging it, and just kept trying different variations to get it to work. It finally did what I asked it to (after about 10 times of trying).

Do you have an LC-1 with the latest wiring harness (as in there's an extra wire labeled "analog ground"?
    11.02 @ 130

Oh, and did you wire up the LED?
    11.02 @ 130

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    Oh, and did you wire up the LED?

Yes and its working fine with no error codes...

Tuner

Did you finally get this to work?
    2007 VR z06...stock right now

Tuner

Mine will work fine until i go WOT, then it will read 11.25 in every cell. Did anyone ever figure out why?
    02 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC 4X4 6.0L LME 408 w/ET245, Kenne Bell 2.8L, Yank SC3000