Thread: Timing jumps from 22-26 @ idle

Tuner

Timing jumps from 22-26 @ idle

Back and forth from 22-26 when at idle, instantly, it will not stay at what I have it set at in my tune, how do I fix this or is it normal due to my cam? Mods below and tune attached. I do not have a good scan, I am going to do one tonight and will have it up tomorrow afternoon. Thanks.

Also on a side note what should my PE Enable be set at? I think its kinda low.
    Last edited by Ls1c5vette; 09-28-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    2015 Yukon SLT 5.3

It's required to maintain a stable idle I believe. Mine does the same thing. If I were to set a steady state spark advance the idle starts to fluctuate a lot. I'd love to be able to make it more stable but I don't think it's possible. If someone knows otherwise I'd be interested to hear about it.
    94 BB Rx-7 02 LS1

Advanced Tuner
    That is the idle adaptive spark,once the follower and throttle cracker have been decayed,once you are under the cracker disable threshold,adaptive idle is enabled.
    You have a 4 degree swing,so you do not really have to much.If it idles good with good manners,then you are good.
    Last edited by vortec; 09-29-2010 at 02:51 AM.

I'm supprised it can control idle with such little of a swing.
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX

Tuner
    It actually idles pretty good but I may take out another deg or two to give it a tad more lope.

Edit, it does idle good on a cold start up now that I added some to the VE table (was surging bad on cold start up) around the idle but once I give it gas it surges until it warms up all the way. I found out my tuner tuned the car SD so I am sure it could use more tweaking, my wideband will be here today so I plan to mess with it and add turn the MAF back on.
    Last edited by Ls1c5vette; 09-29-2010 at 07:06 AM.
    2015 Yukon SLT 5.3

it also controls idle with adaptive airflow

I like the way my C5 drives with no MAF once VE is set.

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Tuner
    I may like it too once I get it the way I want but I still like the fact that the MAF will account for any temp/DA changes.
    2015 Yukon SLT 5.3