Thread: 2005 SSR Maggie P2101 & P1516 Help!

Tuner in Training

2005 SSR Maggie P2101 & P1516 Help!

OK I need some help on this issue. I have searched on this forum and others about this issue and my senario seems to be a bit unique.
    I am tuning a 2005 SSR with a Magnason supercharger with Long Tubes, Stock MAF. The vehicle has had this blower installed a running for some time now with no issues with a 3" pulley. Installed at another shop in Canada. The Customer wanted a little more out of it so we installed a 2.8" purchased from Magnason. I started off driving part throttle to get the STFT and LTFT in order, playing it safe. 1 - 3 psi seemed fine so I progressed to higher boost levels. Maxing out at 7 psi. When I roll into it and run WOT It goes in to reduced engine power mode at 4400 RPM and 96 mph in 3rd gear. No matter what I have changed this keeps haunting me. I has only done it at part throttle boost a couple of times. And it has to be in boost in order to kick the codes.

Now heres the kicker, I have read about the Throttle body springs being weak in the SSR TB's causing this issue, however:

1) I logged the TPS and ETC positions and voltages and nothing seems to change when this happens

2) I called Magnason and the told me this is a common problem with the '05 SSR's They also told my if I was running HPT that I could send then my file and they could fix it for a charge Which leads me to believe that this can be resolved through tuning.

I just want to be sure I have all my basis covered before I go throwing parts at this. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help in advance

Tuner in Training

update

Ok so it turns out it was the TB. Installed a 06 Vette TB and its fixed.