Thread: Will tuning for my truck be developed?

Potential Tuner

Will tuning for my truck be developed?

Ive gotta 04' Chevy Colorado with the I5 engine as a daily driver. This truck is becoming my new side project along side of my 01' SS Camaro.

Ive recently got a SS3500 converter from Yank for the truck and made one hell of a HUGE difference in performance, which im the first in the country to have one of these trucks with an aftermarket converter. However im battling some torque managment issues at WOT shifts.

Im wondering if HP would be able to or plan on making a tuning program to make adjustments to this trucks PCM?

Im looking at getting serious with this thing making it a "mini Parish truck" but i need to be able to tune the PCM to make the TM go away etc...

It uses the same style of computer box used in the LS2 engines, the 6" x 6" finned body with 3 plug ins, but obviously the internal workings are very different from that of an LS2.

Im very serious about this and would appreciate any insight or hopefully there would be some intrest in bringing this model to your line up of programing, i know of several others from coloradofans.com that would have serious intrest in this set up too...

Any insight is appreciated!

Tom

Potential Tuner

Re: Will tuning for my truck be developed?

No one from HP has an answer? The "contact us " email doesnt work so this is my cry for help :'(

Advanced Tuner

I think that getting v2 and support for the ls2are high on their to do list but perhaps a list of vehicles that they are planing on supporting and a list of vehicles that they are looking at (thinking about) supporting may not be a bad thing .

Potential Tuner

Yeah i agree... Cracking the LS2's proably would be the main priority at this point in time.

Im just looking to see if there is or ever would be consideration taken twoards these trucks? The new Hummer H3 will use this trucks drive train and frame and the aftermarket may get pretty decent because of that.

There is one company developing a turbo kit for these trucsk right now too, im curious to see how they are gonna tune it to make it run right as well.. ???

But looks like an opertunity for HP Tuners to me 8)

Potential Tuner

Almost 100 views and no one from HP tuners chimed in to even say we have no plans of making it availible for this line of trucks :-/

Tuner in Training

I want to know the same, as well as the I4 2.0 aka "Cobolt" (boosted)
    Shop owner considering purchase

Potential Tuner

tuning for the colorado/canyon ecu's is highly sought in the truck-enthusiast world. PLEASE ease the pain of hitting 98 and having the motor lerch and slow! we need a tuner!

Senior Tuner

Yes to both the Colorado and Cobalt.

As we have a few projects ahead of these vehicles, we cannot commit to a support date (but it is on the to-do and in progress lists).

Ken