Thread: Knock and can figure it out

Tuner in Training

Knock and can figure it out

Can someone take a look at my tune and tell me what they think because i am new at this. My car is a 02 ss with a mti heads and cam package and thats pretty much all i know no actual specs. The problem is that its picking up a know and im not sure if its the timing or what.

guy's would need a scan file and most would say with wideband AFR data also.

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Tuner in Training
    i havent insatalled my wideband yet but here is a scan

Senior Tuner
    Check your fuel pressure at the rail and clean your MAF real good. Make sure the small hose between the PCV valve and the intake manifold is not leaking. Your LTFTs are really high. It looks like it would like to be pulling more than 4 degrees of timing if it could but that is what it is limited to in the tune. You need to get the fuel trims down first. Before you change the tune to get them down, you have to be sure it is not a mechanical or sensor issue causing them to be high.

Tuner in Training
    i know my fuel pressure is right around 60lbs and i will check for leaks as well

Tuner in Training
    well i checked for leaks and even changed the MAF and no luck, anything else that could leak?

Tuner in Training
    and also i looked at a few of my runs and my injectors are over 90% is that normal?

Tuner in Training
    ok i took my intake off and i did find that the line off of the rear of the drivers side valve cover was completly off, could that have been it?

Senior Tuner
    That "line" as you put it will be a vac line or a PCV hose. Either would greatly skew your fueling tables. Any line not connected will cause issues. Obviously, reconnect and start scanning and tuning again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Check your fuel pressure at the rail and clean your MAF real good. Make sure the small hose between the PCV valve and the intake manifold is not leaking. Your LTFTs are really high. It looks like it would like to be pulling more than 4 degrees of timing if it could but that is what it is limited to in the tune. You need to get the fuel trims down first. Before you change the tune to get them down, you have to be sure it is not a mechanical or sensor issue causing them to be high.
    pretty good vision.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro