Thread: 2 bar and 98 F-bodies?

Potential Tuner

2 bar and 98 F-bodies?

Hi guys, what is the status of 98 support for 2 bar MAP?

Potential Tuner

Re: 2 bar and 98 F-bodies?

Anything?

Tuner in Training

Good luck....do a search...this question doesn't like to be answered.
    98 owners are owned when it comes to anything.
    98 Formula A4 |DIY'er Racing Turbo Set Up|9.1 comp Forged internal Block|ROCK ON Stage 4 4L60E|Vig3800|HPT/Synergymotorsports assisted Tune|

Sorry, we don't have an answer at this time. Unfortunately the 98 code is not as consistent to work with as the later code. Also, a number of other features (or lack of) in these PCM's makes it very difficult for us to actually deploy the 2bar program. We are working on some possibilities, but i have to say it is not looking good.

:-/

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Any new info on the 99+ 3bar setup?

JCMGTO

Or even the 04 2 bar set-up for GTOs.

Tuner in Training

So Chris, what are the options for us HP tuner users that have 98's guys running FI? This was the whole reason I stepped up and bought HP tuners, the promise of 2-3bar SD programming for LS1's. Then to find out, 98s will be introduced later and now it looks like nothing at all?

98 Formula A4 |DIY'er Racing Turbo Set Up|9.1 comp Forged internal Block|ROCK ON Stage 4 4L60E|Vig3800|HPT/Synergymotorsports assisted Tune|

Quote Originally Posted by frcefed98
    So Chris, what are the options for us HP tuner users that have 98's guys running FI? This was the whole reason I stepped up and bought HP tuners, the promise of 2-3bar SD programming for LS1's. Then to find out, 98s will be introduced later and now it looks like nothing at all?

We just don't know at this stage. One option may be for us to do it on a "per customer" basis. However, it still doesn't help us with the technical issues surrounding the 98 PCM's.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

We just don't know at this stage. One option may be for us to do it on a "per customer" basis. However, it still doesn't help us with the technical issues surrounding the 98 PCM's.
    ;D cool Chris, keep us 98 guys in the loop...not giving up on you yet....just went turbo and sold the supercharger...so more boost/power is on the horizion for me...this is real important to me.
    Damn these 98 PCM's
    J

Tuner

Could it be a possibility to just support the lastest revision of the 98 codes?

If you need any beta testing let me know, I have a vortech waiting to go on.

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 TA

Tuner in Training

UP!

I asked Keith about 98 support for 2 bar map, and he informed me it simply won't be available. At all. He stated it was due to worries about the competition stealing their work. This is quite unfortunate, as I really could have used HP Tuners for this and further turbo projects I'm working on.

use HPT for the timing and mega for the fuel, you can have 21psi MAP standard then upgrade later if needed.
    that looks like the only option for you guys. unless you want to switch to a 99+ PCM and harness.

Tuner

well that is unfortunate. I had hoped that they would not give up on the 98 cars.

Maybe this just is motivation to sell the blower & buy a C6

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 TA