Thread: Idle tuning 2010 Vette

Tuner

Idle tuning 2010 Vette

Have a 2010 M6 vette with small cam and blower and spent some time last night tuning idle...got it decent but took forever and seems quite a pain. But it is still choppy and idle moves +- 100rpm. Fuel trims are in line...

Also, the air tables like base running airflow dont seem like 2008 and under vcm's. They seem different.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips to smooth out the idle?

One thing I did that seemed to work decent is adding 50% to the adaptive idle proportional and subtracting roughly 50% from the integral.

The airflow final minimum seems different. Do I need to adjust this?

Any other tips on idle? I found that it likes around 18* at idle, but no more. However, at 800rpm cell in the scanner it sometimes shows it is commanding single digits and i dont see where this is happening.

Also, startup takes several cranks sometimes...and finally fires right up...which table to control this?

Finally, I noticed it runs very smooth in open loop after startup, but as soon as it goes to closed loop the idle gets choppy. Just to test it out, I disabled closed loop by setting enable temp to 300 across the board, but this did NOTHING. It still overrides it and goes into CL. Very strange.

Sorry I dont have any of the scans on me. But anyone have a good config for this vehicle?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Advanced Tuner
    post tune

Disable VE.
    Disable closed loop.
    Use a wide band AFR to tune your MAF transfer.
    If you cam has overlap 13.9 to 14.3 AFR at idle helps the idle quality vs 14.67.
    Start there before chasing timing.
    If you want to use VE you will have some serious work to do on the VE tables.
    Straight MAF tune works fine for forced induction.

Tuner in Training
    Zero out all the proportional tables and leave integral stock.

It is a PI controller. Proportional is learnt data, Integral is the direct input.

ie Integral is short term idle trim

Proportional is long term.

The e38 learns fast having proportional values on makes it much harder. Using just integral allows the pcm to adjust quickly to find the correct idle value, Once you are close ie 8 g/s. Your done.

Easiest way to start out.

Quote Originally Posted by hymey View Post
    Zero out all the proportional tables and leave integral stock.

It is a PI controller. Proportional is learnt data, Integral is the direct input.

ie Integral is short term idle trim

Proportional is long term.

The e38 learns fast having proportional values on makes it much harder. Using just integral allows the pcm to adjust quickly to find the correct idle value, Once you are close ie 8 g/s. Your done.

Easiest way to start out.
    This is wrong. Proportional corrections are strictly based on current RPM minus target RPM.

The P, I, and D parts of PID control are all reactive corrections... It's not a matter of long term vs. short term air trimming.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!