Thread: HPT compatible with new GM Hybrid truck?...

HPT compatible with new GM Hybrid truck?...

I have a an '04 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Hybrid. Will the current version of HPT work with this truck?

I'm planning to upgrade to larger tires/wheels and will need to recalibrate for them. I also want to tweak the transmission shift points.

Thanks.

Senior Tuner

Re: HPT compatible with new GM Hybrid truck?...

Welcome to the HPTuners forum Bret!

To answer your question, it should be supported, since all the engine parameters are the same as a regular truck. Although you will probably have extra tables for controlling the hybrid functions. I will double check with Ken on this for you. Also, when ever you need help, I am just on the other side of town.

Thanks George. I figure it should be the same as any other truck, but I want to be sure it won't mess up any of the hybrid functions.

I'm not sure how soon I'll be needing to tune. I really want to get some new wheels and tires on the rig, but it's a big chunk of $$$ to drop all at once. Wheels and tires I'm looking at will run around $1500, HPT is $500 and then I need a laptop to run the software. I can get a refurb. laptop for around $400-$500.

I may wait on the wheels for now and just pop for an SLP exhaust. 8)

Senior Tuner

I won't know for sure until I can look it up.
    Email me the VIN and I will research it.

Ken