Thread: want to add a supercharger need help

Potential Tuner

want to add a supercharger need help

Hello all I am new to this so thank you in advance for all your help in my problem.
    O.k. here it goes I have a 2001 grand prix gtp supercharger I want to put it in my 2003 monte carlo ss will this work and what will I have to do? I am hoping it will be a direct bolt on? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    It's not quite a direct bolt on, but it can be done.

The heads and intake manifold are different, as well as some various other things. Head over to www.clubgp.com and look for information on a "Top Swap". That will get you on your way.

Advanced Tuner
    like rusting said you cant just bolt on the sc - you need everything from the heads up - sc engine has injector bosses in the heads , NA engine has injector bosses in the upper intake , lower intakes are different , tb's are different , crank hub/balancer needs to be swapped to have grooves to run the extra belt for sc as well as all the idlers/tensioners for the extra belt , larger injectors ,tuning ,etc.. not as easy as bolting on the sc.

zzp makes a kit to enable using the na heads - havent studied it closely , ssm90 is the name I believe of the kit
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner
    Or there is the more expensive, easier way of getting the ssm90 kit from ZZP that uses a modified LIM. The injector bungs are added to it to eliminate the need of changing heads. It also uses offset pulleys and runs the supercharger off of the serpentine belt.

An option is to get the heads, lower intake, supercharger, throttle body and fuel rails. Then get the offset pulleys from ZZP that way you do not have to change the pulley on engine for a second belt.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

check out moradpartscompany.com's ebay site. they have a topswap kit for $499. you would have to buy some gaskets, and a LIM, PCM, etc., but would definitely be something to look into...
    2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd - Cold Air Inductions Intake
    Gone: 2007 Grand Prix base - Headers/HV3/FWI