Thread: Somebody help me before i go CRAZY.

Potential Tuner

Question Somebody help me before i go CRAZY.

I am having a problem when i try to download the current tune that is in my truck, more specifically when it gets to the TCM portion of the download. It keeps giving me an error message as follows: :TCM security access denied: invalid authorization code denied. Now i know i am a invalid, but, my lord what does it take to get this corrected? And i am clicking of the high speed download too. Doesn't matter though, either way i get the same error message. Any suggestions?

Tuner in Training
    what has worked for me is going to the scanner and clearing any dct codes the try write again.

Probably you need the newest 2.23 beta version of the VCMsuite if your car/truck is a late model using a 6 speed transmission. Version 2.22 won't access those transmissions. By the way, email support for that beta version.

Tuner
    I personally have had that problem with my 03 Silverado and luckly only one customer too with a 00 Z28... Gets annoying as hell. Im curious on this fix too....

Same error message here. Seems this error message is kind of a generic catch-all message to me - would prefer to see a more specific error message. Maybe one that says "you need to do <this> first before you can read the VCM", or "Your vehicle is not supported".