Thread: FJO Wideband with Bosch coming soon?

Tuner in Training

FJO Wideband with Bosch coming soon?

I have been in touch with FJO racing, and they have told me that they are thinking about selling a unit that uses the Bosch sensors instead of the NTK. They said from what engineering has said, the decision will come by the end of March on whether or not they will do this.

For those who don't know, FJO has what appears to be an awesome unit. For people like me who want to use it to tune older vehicles, they even have an option of an rpm-induced pickup that just attaches on a sparkplug wire. The basic unit comes with rpm direct wire capabilities as well.

Anyway, they also told me that their testing has shown the cheaper Bosch sensor to have a shorter life span than NTK. So I replied telling them that I would rather buy 2-3 Bosches for less money than 1 NTK, and that I guarantee that business would pick up if they offered the unit with Bosch sensors. Do you agree? I said that I was solely basing my decision on whether they came out with this product (not sure right now, but sounds good )

So I was wondering if any of you guys would be more interested in the FJO Racing Wideband if it came with a wideband? If so, I think it might help if a couple people would write an email to them saying you heard they might offer a controller using a Bosch sensor in the future and that you would be much more interested if this was true. Maybe this would help make this a reality. If anyone would do this, I would really appreciate it.

And if any of you have comments about Bosch vs. NTK, about FJO, etc. please post here so I can see what others think as well. Thanks!

Re: FJO Wideband with Bosch coming soon?

I have the FJO unit and like it but dont like the price of the sensor. If they change the box again (just sent mine in for an upgrade) I will be pissed since this all took place a few months ago and they are getting ready to change it again. Hopefully it will jkust be a firmware update and we can all go about our business

Tuner in Training

Re: FJO Wideband with Bosch coming soon?

They replied to my last email saying that they hoped to offer a unit that supports both sensors. They believe the NTK sensor is a lot better, but most people i know want the cheaper Bosch sensor. So they think that if someone buys their unit and uses Bosch and is unhappy, they could switch to NTK. Sounds good to me.

They also told me that there is no timeframe yet, but they hope to have a decision by the end of March on whether they will produce it or not. I tried to tell them that I guarantee business would pick up because it would cut cost to be able to use the Bosch sensor...hopefully that helps. If anyone else is interested, please express interest by emailing them. Thanks!