Thread: Unable to scan status bits.

Unable to scan status bits.

I don't think I'm doing anyting wrong here, but can someone give me a quick rundown as to how to start scanning status bits?

I can't insert anything into the "SB" tool. Even if I delete EVERYTHING I'm scanning in the Table Display, freeing up all 24 bytes.

- Right click the SB tool, "Insert Single" and "Insert Group" are always greyed out.

Do I have to be connected to the VCM, with the key on, and all that jazz?

Ever time I've tried, I've been disconnected, setting up some custom CFG's.

Thanks,
    -marc
    \'04 Silverado SS. (6.0L, 10:1, 4.10\'s) Dynatech headers and cats, B&B cat-back, plugs + wires, VHP 210/218 .531/.531 112, VHP 1.89 rockers (.562\").

Potential Tuner

Re: Unable to scan status bits.

You need to add the items you want to see the status bits for to the table you deleted everything from. The Table entries dictate what is displayed in the Status Bit and Chart Recorder views.

Advanced Tuner

You need to be connected to the vehicle with the key on. I suspected as much, and tested it out yesterday.
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

Gotchas. Thanks.

Figures, last thing I decided to skip trying before I posted. Sorry about that guys.
    \'04 Silverado SS. (6.0L, 10:1, 4.10\'s) Dynatech headers and cats, B&B cat-back, plugs + wires, VHP 210/218 .531/.531 112, VHP 1.89 rockers (.562\").

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by marc_w
    Gotchas. Thanks.

Figures, last thing I decided to skip trying before I posted. Sorry about that guys.
    Just don't let it happen again. ;D

That's what we are here for.
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB