Thread: Computer crashed

Tuner

Computer crashed

Just a quick question. If someone was using a Hypertech and their battery died, it always focks up the PCM. Can we fix this using HPT or does the person need to go to GM and pray that Tech2 can fix it?
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Re: Computer crashed

Quote Originally Posted by blue_falcon
    Just a quick question. If someone was using a Hypertech and their battery died, it always focks up the PCM. Can we fix this using HPT or does the person need to go to GM and pray that Tech2 can fix it?

it could probably be fixed as long as you have the upgraded pro version...some of us have it some dont...all will have it with 1.6, but basically with the pro you could just take a stock file with the same os and rewrite the entire file back to stock...thats not to say hpp would be able to work in restoring its flash file as that might have to be sent back to them to get cleared or whatever needs to be done.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

I'm not worried about if his HPP works again, I was just going to try and help him get his car back on the road, I do have the Pro version but I'm still waiting on my 98, and 00. I've currently only got 99. Is there anything special I'm supposed to pay attention to when rewriting the entire VCM or is it pretty straight forward?
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

it was pretty strait foward for me...i think it'll just be an issue of finding the same os as what he has...and a stock one so u can just go from there.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

Well there are several 98's to chose from around STL that I could get ahold of, how many different op. systems were there in 98 and how do I know which is which?

Tuner

I have successfully recovered a crashed 1998 due to a Hpp3 with the recovery feature in hp, this was before the "pro' version was released, but using version 1.2 months ago.

I just connected, and tried to flash my bin file to the car..... "note, its not reccomended to program a differnet bin on a 98 computer than one pulled from the computer"

What kind of 98 computer, M6 or A4?

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 TA

Advanced Tuner

i had a friend with a diablo tuner..

it died 1/2 way though a tune..

got some strange checksum error afterwards..

to fix it we tried alot of stuff..

we ended up resetting the battery by pulling some fuse and disconnecting the battery for a while..

then we ran the diablo on it again..

give that a shot
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune