Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

Re: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

If you go out and Buy a C6 today, chances are you are going to pay over sticker. In six months, when they are selling for sticker are you going to go back to the dealer and cry foul? What about when the 2006s come out, and they offer rebates? What then?

When you buy a product, you can not see in the future. Companies can't know what lies ahead and they are certainly not going to tell everyone. If they now stated that the price was going to drop $10 every month, are you going to wait 40 months (or what ever it is for what you want) so you can get it for free? NO! It is what it is. If you think you are being screwed, I recomend you wait a month and see what happens. The problem with that theory is next month you will need to wait another month. It never ends.

Get over it. This is a good deal. Be happy about it. It will save you money in the future.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Advanced Tuner

I will not complain anymore than my first post as I am grateful you guys have done such a wonderful service to the tuning community and have now made it more affordable which brings us (the HP Tuners family) one step closer to world domination!

But I do have one last question. Are all SUV's, van's and Hummer's included in the Truck Tuner package? Or are they part of the Car package for some reason? Thanks.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Advanced Tuner

Definatly a great deal! You have convinced a fence sitter that I NEED this package for Christmas. ;D

Q: 2 vehicles, what if we have only 1 type supported at this time. Do I have to pick a random vehicle type that I don't have for the second one or can I get the software update for the second vehicle later when or if I get a second support vehicle? I have a 02 Camaro (supported) and a 97 C2500 (unsupported); I plan on getting a newer supported truck, but not right away.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

the only thing i dont get is, and i didnt notice this till now, is why are the first few additional $199 then the 5th license is $399? To me this seems illogical considering a person could just buy another unit for ~$650 with 2 licenses on it already=$325 per license and then get another 2 for a total of $398. I say just do each additional at $199 personally as everyone and their mother knows this will save them $150 once the time comes for a couple more licenses ???
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by arthansen
    If you go out and Buy a C6 today, chances are you are going to pay over sticker. In six months, when they are selling for sticker are you going to go back to the dealer and cry foul? What about when the 2006s come out, and they offer rebates? What then?

When you buy a product, you can not see in the future. Companies can't know what lies ahead and they are certainly not going to tell everyone. If they now stated that the price was going to drop $10 every month, are you going to wait 40 months (or what ever it is for what you want) so you can get it for free? NO! It is what it is. If you think you are being screwed, I recomend you wait a month and see what happens. The problem with that theory is next month you will need to wait another month. It never ends.

Get over it. This is a good deal. Be happy about it. It will save you money in the future.
    No not in 6 months, but I'd be pissed if the dealer didn't say "hey guy if you wait a week we'll give you another car, if you buy a vette" That is my complaint I emailed then for a couple of days asking various questions and what not. Had he said "if you want to wait a week, we're going to be offering a big promotional deal" I wouldn't have anything to bitch about and where would the fun in that be?
    1999 Formula WS6&&ST. 2 GTP Heads, TR224/224, Moser 12bolt&&Full Suspension

Senior Tuner

I have the sense that it was not a big planned out deal,
    they saw a competitor and made a snap decision about
    how best to squash. I know the Pro version guys have to
    be bumming about money spent and licenses received,
    but I bought my single copy way, way back based on
    value judgement at the time, upgraded to EIO based on
    the same, and I have no regrets and no care for whether
    the next guy gets a better deal. I work in an industry where
    rapid price compression is a fact of life so I guess I find this
    all pretty normal.

But I will take $199 for all licenses over $399 high-volume
    punishment, for sure.

Tuner in Training

Too bad we couldn't have bought this from Circuit City. If you bought a TV and it goes on sale a couple weeks from when you bought it, they refund you the difference... They call it Price Protection. I bought mine 7 weeks ago but only received my cable about 3 weeks ago. I did get a break on the EIO cable but it still sucks about the second vehicle now being included. > Why don't you make everyone happy and add the second vehicle for $125 to the existing customer within the past couple months. This way no one will complain and everyone would have paid the same...

Advanced Tuner

*DISCLAIMER*
    The following views and opinions are mine and mine only and have nothing to do with HP Tuners whatsoever. Moderator status has no weight, value, or special treatment in relation to HP Tuners as a company.
    *END DISCLAIMER*

I would first and foremost like to apologize to Chris, Keith, Ken, and all the loyal HP Tuner users that this does not apply to. This is also in no way directed towards any single user.

That being said... *soapbox smiley would be good here*

I am also a customer that will end up paying more in the end than if I was a new customer buying right now. Am I upset that I have to pay a slightly higher price than a new customer? Yes. Is there anything I can do about it besides scream at the heavens and wonder why god would do this to me? No. Is the new pricing structure beneficial to me as a current customer? Yes. Will I be buying more licenses at the new prices? Yes. Will my relentless bitching and complaining help alleviate my problem and get me a better deal on a tuning package that already blew the competition away before the new pricing structure? No.

It is how it is, if you don't like it, I'm sorry. There are alternatives, but I would never tell a HP Tuner customer to go to another vendor, even though there really is no comparison. Not only do these guys do an incredible service to the tuning community, they provide excellent service to us as well. They work on this stuff night and day while still holding down day jobs to pay the bills because this was their hobby and what thanks do we give them? None, except complaining because this or that didn't happen, this costs too much, updates aren't coming fast enough, hurry, hurry, hurry, I can't wait anymore. Any joy these guys get from releasing an awesome update like 1.5 has got to diminish quickly because of all the bitching and complaining that instantly starts and because "X" feature didn't make it in, when is the next version coming out questions.

I have a lot more to say, but I'm sure I just made a whole lot of enemies with just that. I'm sorry, had to get that off my chest, it's been building for months.

Stop being part of the problem and inquire about being part of the solution.

*end soapbox*

Flame me all you want, it's the truth.

Again, I would like to apologize to Chris, Keith, Ken, and all the loyal HP Tuner users that this does not apply to.

Can't we all just get along? LOL

Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

We still have joy and much pride.

2.0 is coming... and there is nothing out there like it..
    2.0 is a BIG jump from our entire 1.x style of software.

Don't ask... cause I won't tell.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Don't ask... cause I won't tell.
    > spill the f-ing beans.. or you die...

(reflects on previous pictures of keith)

let me rephrase that..

spill the beans or i wont be your friend ;D
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Ok..

Check out the features and requests forum.. Then combine everything our users want in one easy to use and yet powerful package.. and you have what we hope will be 2.0. lol

No projected release date at this time but I am VERY excited about this software build.

Potential Tuner

Keith, you can count me in. I'll most likely be added onto missing2's cable

btw.. new here, and alot of reading to do before i catch up

props on the cable/software, looks badass from what i've seen
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

yes, any new purchase (other than buying a year of s/w updates) gets you another 6 months.

i noticed after my purchase last night my updates are still only good through early jan 05...wondering if the update timeframe will show up online at some point or if you guys at least have a record of it as to when 1.6 comes out or whatever

Thanks
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Standard users now get pro for free?

WOW!

John.

PS: Can't wait to change my VIN to something fun like OMGI812.
    2001 QS/Black Z06, Borla Stingers, Vararam, Longtube headers, HPTuners

PS: Can't wait to change my VIN to something fun like OMGI812.
    LOL
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Potential Tuner

So I basically got screwed cause I ordered HPTuners last Saturday (the 13th)?

That really sucks.

Potential Tuner

And does this mean that because I ordered on the 13th I won't get the 'pro' and will have to wait till an update to get it?

If you require the pro features sooner please e-mail me.

Please only do so if you require these features. Our existing std package is more than capable.

Tuner

I have the pro tuner package with all 7 of the C5s costing me over 4300.00.
    I see no pricing to add F-bodies, GTO, CTS, CTSV, etc. and I see that for 3900.00 I could have had it all. ???

the price is $399 per additional vehicle type.

Cheers,

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...