Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

Tuner

Re: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    the price is $399 per additional vehicle type.

Cheers,

Chris...
    So for another 3200.00 I can get what is now being offered for 3900.00.
    Ouch.
    Such is life.

Tuner in Training

Chris, i have the 4 differnt year F cars on 3 boxes could i sent all the boxes in and have them put on one box and and the 5th year to it? and what would that cost 399.00?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by jkwoody
    Chris, i have the 4 differnt year F cars on 3 boxes could i sent all the boxes in and have them put on one box and and the 5th year to it? and what would that cost 399.00?

Thanks
    I'd like to combine all mine too if at all possible...
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Senior Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by jkwoody

Thanks

That is an excellent question and we will look into this.

Regards,
    Ken

Senior Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by FRC_Tom
    I have the pro tuner package with all 7 of the C5s costing me over 4300.00.
    I see no pricing to add F-bodies, GTO, CTS, CTSV, etc. and I see that for 3900.00 I could have had it all. ???

That will be enough guys.

So what is it going to be, either we were too expensive or too cheap.
    Before full vehicle support would cost close to $20k. A lot of people did a lot of complaining about those numbers.

As new vendors appear on the market price structure must be looked at.
    That also includes software features, number of supported vehicles offered and hardware options.

Rather than stretch the price changes out over several months due to upcoming competition, the decision was made to do it now and get it over with. Either way the prices would still have changed and you would still be in the same position. We apologize for any inconvenience.

VCM suite prices were not lowered because it's an inferior product. It is a powerful high end tool that few (if any) upcoming competitors can come close to, and it just became more affordable.
    We were the FIRST with a lot of innovative features and support options and will continue to do so.

HP Tuners is not a reseller. We write our own software, spend countless hours reverse engineering the VCM code, and design our own interface hardware/firmware and contract out the production of it.
    HP Tuners can and WILL compete on any level. You can rest assured that we will be here years from now offering support for new models in ways you never thought possible.

We are not about to give rebates for price changes because the number of vendors has increased and we need to adjust our sales model. When Wal-Mart comes to town and sells for less, lots of things have to change.
    This is no different.
    HP Tuners was created to be the best product at the best price. Nothing has changed.

The pricing structure has always included bulk price discounts. So yes, if you want to add 1 at a time it will cost $199.00 or $399.00 for each. There have always been instructions on the orders page to contact sales for bulk pricing discounts.

HP Tuners values the customers who helped put us on the map. You would be pleased to know we have invested a lot of our profits into tools to make this company even more efficient and a truly unbeatable force in a competitive market.

We look forward to serving your tuning needs today and in the future.

HP Tuners Staff

Potential Tuner

Well, seeing as how my order hadn't even shipped before the prices changed and it went through a day before the change, I don't like my deal. I recieved no response to my email, and since for some reason you don't list a phone number, I've called and instructed UPS that I am refusing the delivery (which would be tomorrow). I would like a refund minus shipping costs please.

Ben

I have to chime in here.....

First, for you V8 guys, this is another edit program (a MUCH better program from what I hear) for your cars.....for those of us with a V6, these guys were a godsend.....nobody else was paying any real attention to us, so we were stuck with our stock programming.

Second, as a lot of people have said, no matter how they change the prices, somebody will be pissed off, it's inevitable......We (those who bought before) are getting the Pro version for free, which was a decent step up in price before, so all in all, it's a not bad deal.....

One suggestion for Keith, Ken, and Chris, is perhaps you can sell in "phases", i.e., set up certain dates (like once a month or something) that you will be selling, have people put in their orders, and then ship on the assigned date. That way, people won't be buying the software, and then having a new version come out the next day. Just a suggestion.

Third, I know these guys get swamped witha bazillion e-mails a day, asking for everything from "Why doesn't it work", to "Can I tune my car to work with Mark 4 Warp Engines with a plasma inverter??".

Give them some time. They may miss an e-mail, or be working on it, and simply forget to reply. They'll get back to you, they always do. I haven't yet heard of any instance where they dodged somebody who had a problem or a question, and I don't expect that they'll start.

Fourth, the money that all of us existing owners have paid for the system have made this change possible. You all basically invested in HP Tuners, LLC, and took a risk. You got a great product from your investment, and one that will only increase in value to you as time goes on. So, if you don't like how this turned out, don't spend your money on new things.

Lastly, seeing as how we will have all of the Holdens on the next update, does anybody know how I can get a left drive Commodore (the model with the supercharged 3.8 ) over here?

I'm looking for a sedan, and that is one bad-ass car. Even better, I priced out a loaded one, and it came out to about $24,000 U.S., compared to $30,000 plus for a similarly equipped Grand Prix GTP. The difference alone would pay for importing it, I would think.

Anyways, thanks to the HP Tuner guys, keep up the good work. John

Quote Originally Posted by Ben99z
    Well, seeing as how my order hadn't even shipped before the prices changed and it went through a day before the change, I don't like my deal. I recieved no response to my email, and since for some reason you don't list a phone number, I've called and instructed UPS that I am refusing the delivery (which would be tomorrow). I would like a refund minus shipping costs please.

Ben
    Ben, sorry but I fell ill yesterday. I cannot be healthy every day of the year and when I do responding to e-mails is not my #1 priority.. sorry.. I will take more vitamins in the future.

I responded to your e-mail today.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman01
    Anyways, thanks to the HP Tuner guys, keep up the good work. John
    I know I was a bit upset with the change, but I have to agree with your post - especially that last comment. Thanks again for the great product guys.
    David De Anda
    SPR - Gilbert, AZ
    '05 HD - D/A

Tuner

Wow what a hot topic this has been....
    Lucky for me I have not purchased any product yet...
    I do have Efi V6 and am looking for a editing program.
    We have a motor show this week end in Melbourne and I'll make my mind up then. I must say from what I have seen VCM Suit pro look like a good power full product.

I do feel for you guys that have recently purchased, but missed out on the good deals....

ON a personal note. Guardsman01 if you are serious about blown commodore, contact me and I'll see what I can do....
    It will only be right hand drive.........
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman01
    First, for you V8 guys, this is another edit program (a MUCH better program from what I hear) for your cars...
    I'm kind of curious what program you might be refering to? If it's LS1 Edit, you're sadly mistaken. There is no current product better than HP Tuners for GM Gen III engines.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
    I'm kind of curious what program you might be refering to? If it's LS1 Edit, you're sadly mistaken. There is no current product better than HP Tuners for GM Gen III engines.
    i think he was saying this is a much better program then the rest no vice versa if im not mistaken.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners

That will be enough guys.

So what is it going to be, either we were too expensive or too cheap.
    Before full vehicle support would cost close to $20k. A lot of people did a lot of complaining about those numbers.

As new vendors appear on the market price structure must be looked at.
    That also includes software features, number of supported vehicles offered and hardware options.

Rather than stretch the price changes out over several months due to upcoming competition, the decision was made to do it now and get it over with. Either way the prices would still have changed and you would still be in the same position. We apologize for any inconvenience.

VCM suite prices were not lowered because it's an inferior product. It is a powerful high end tool that few (if any) upcoming competitors can come close to, and it just became more affordable.
    We were the FIRST with a lot of innovative features and support options and will continue to do so.

HP Tuners is not a reseller. We write our own software, spend countless hours reverse engineering the VCM code, and design our own interface hardware/firmware and contract out the production of it.
    HP Tuners can and WILL compete on any level. You can rest assured that we will be here years from now offering support for new models in ways you never thought possible.

We are not about to give rebates for price changes because the number of vendors has increased and we need to adjust our sales model. When Wal-Mart comes to town and sells for less, lots of things have to change.
    This is no different.
    HP Tuners was created to be the best product at the best price. Nothing has changed.

The pricing structure has always included bulk price discounts. So yes, if you want to add 1 at a time it will cost $199.00 or $399.00 for each. There have always been instructions on the orders page to contact sales for bulk pricing discounts.

HP Tuners values the customers who helped put us on the map. You would be pleased to know we have invested a lot of our profits into tools to make this company even more efficient and a truly unbeatable force in a competitive market.

We look forward to serving your tuning needs today and in the future.

HP Tuners Staff
    well put.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner

Thanks for the reply Keith. My main concern was not addressed so I sent you an email.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners

Ben, sorry but I fell ill yesterday. I cannot be healthy every day of the year and when I do responding to e-mails is not my #1 priority.. sorry.. I will take more vitamins in the future.

I responded to your e-mail today.

Tuner

Ken,
    It is a very good product. Having said that,

You are part of a business that has made a business decision, which the collective You, think is appropriate for the continuity of the business. We as purchasers and future customers will abide by your decisions or spend our money somewhere else. That doesn't mean we have to agree with them or like them. You, collectively, will come to terms with customers approval as well as disapproval. We will come to terms with your pricing structure and any future decisions.

If someone has something to share with the HP Tuner community this is the place provided for that. So, the people on this forum should decide whether or not they wish to voice their opinions.

I still think it is a very good product.

Brian

Potential Tuner

Thanks for the prompt customer service Keith, I appreciate it. If everything works out as agreed, I feel good about our solution.

Ben

Tuner

Magic Chicken, LS1 Edit didnt even come to mind when I posted Last..
    :

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by cured5.7
    Magic Chicken, LS1 Edit didnt even come to mind when I posted Last..
    :
    That was directed towards guardsman01, the one who I quoted in my question.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Potential Tuner

I am currently using the LS Edit however, with the new pricing I might just jump on this. ;D
    Bob
    RPM RACING&&

Tuner

Sorry Magic, my fingers were typing faster than my mind was thinking......