Thread: noob?

Tuner in Training

noob?

ok so i have searched for this but there are just bits here and there.

Where can I get a complete description of what the PCM does and how it does it? (ie can some one recomend a site or a book?)

Also will the new 3bar tables allow the stock PCM to fully control the boosted motors in a closed loop or will there still be workarounds involved?
    I guess what I'm looking for is a solution that allows the pcm to control a boosted motor as well as it controls a stock motor.

are there any solutions for the PCM's on jeep products? I would like to try a STS type setup on my TJ but I think that the tuning may get really hairy.

Thanks

More Than Zero

Re: noob?

Quote Originally Posted by M_T_0
    ok so i have searched for this but there are just bits here and there.

Where can I get a complete description of what the PCM does and how it does it? (ie can some one recomend a site or a book?)
    this site is a good source. You won't find it in a book cos most people who know how it works are too busy writing software to reprogram them... The Help file with our software has descirptions of what things do and over time we will be expanding those descriptions. You can download it from the products page.

Also will the new 3bar tables allow the stock PCM to fully control the boosted motors in a closed loop or will there still be workarounds involved?
    I guess what I'm looking for is a solution that allows the pcm to control a boosted motor as well as it controls a stock motor.
    yes, mine is running in closed loop on both 2bar and 3bar programs.

are there any solutions for the PCM's on jeep products? I would like to try a STS type setup on my TJ but I think that the tuning may get really hairy.
    I don't know of any, we don't have anything...

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Re: noob?

Thanks