Thread: Keith/Chris, contradicting info from ClubGP fourm.

Tuner in Training

Keith/Chris, contradicting info from ClubGP fourm.

Keith/Chris or anyone else who can definatevily answer this...I posted my question for Tuner Gurus in regards to tuning a 2000 Yukon here at HP Tuners and on Club GP. I had another forum member at the Club GP forum state that he has the HP Tuners for his 98 GTP and he can only tune 98 GTP's.

I thought Keith cleared my question up when I first got this program that I can tune any 2000 GM vehicle that is OBDII compliant and scan any GM OBDII complaint vehicle - did I misunderstand again or am I right??
    Blessings,&&Rick

Re: Keith/Chris, contradicting info from ClubGP fo

You can only program 2000 Grand Prixs. It does not have to be a GTP, it can be a GTP, GT, or SE but only a 2000 and only a Grand Prix. You must have missunderstood Keith.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Correct.. You can do any vehicle of the year/model you have purchased support for.

The scanner is not locked to the year/model you have purchased support for and will work on most late model OBD-II GM vehicles.

Enhanced parameters is supported for every vehicle type we list on our website.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Ahhh - I can see where I screwed up the first time you told the exact same thing to me - I overlooked the "model" when you stated year/model. Just to expand on this though Keith, I can still tune any GM PCM that shares the same PCM as the Grand Prix or at least the same operating system - right?? I may be wrong on that too but I thought there were a few other vehicles that share the same PCM as the Grand Prixs.

Regardless - I ate crow and corrected myself on ClubGP. My statement I made on there still holds true - even though I misunderstood - as much as I love this tuner - I have absolutely NO complaints about the funtionality of it!! It is a phenominal tool!!!

Rick
    Blessings,&&Rick

Even if the PCM hardware is the same, the PCM data itself must be of the same year/model of your support for you to be able to actually tune it.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

OK - thanks for clearing that up for me Keith!!!
    Blessings,&&Rick