Thread: Customer service ?

Tuner in Training

Customer service ?

I am one of those unhappy customers that bought hptuners last month thinking that they had customer support.

At the time I didnt know I could wait and trade in my efilive cable for a better deal and the company in Australia I bought it off never informed me , now that we are told we can upgrade to the pro version and pay more money to get the same as what a new customer gets I thought I would just upgrade to the pro versio and forgo the extra licence.

Turns out I wont be given a automatic upgrade to pro unless I purchase the upgraded licence - what is the deal with that.

I thought good customer support would be to automatically upgrade all those customers that were loyal rather than throw sand into there face.

I havent even been able to log onto the site to download any updates let alone the pro version and when I got in contact with the local distributor I have been informed that what I was told yesterday was a automatic upgrade is in fact not.

One very pissed cutomer

Advanced Tuner

Re: Customer service ?

:
    Ugh...and it's your first post. These guys do have to make some money off their product you know. They bend over backwards to help people out. They're like freakin double-jointed gymnasts!
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

Advanced Tuner

I was under impression that everyone who has standard is now getting pro for free. Check home page. www.hptuners.com I'm pretty sure it says it there. I'll check now... Yep, looks like they did away with standard version.

Can we download pro version from customer login? I typed my login ID, and I don't receive automated emails from Hp tuners. Cleared out my blocked list, so I'm def. not blocking them. :huh2:
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Tuner in Training

No the email I got from the Aus distributor said initially we would autopmatically recieve the upgrade , but now I am told it is not happening.

Dont have a problem with anyone making money , it costs them nothing to impliment the upgrade or give everyone who was a loyal customer the automatic licence and upgrade as a new customer would get.
    Would create some loyalty rather than saying f**k you to a old customer to try and win a customer from another company.

havent bothered posting before cause I felt no need , now I am just pissed of , should have waited another 3 weeks.

Advanced Tuner

I dunno about australia distributor. We'll see how it goes.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Did you e-mail us asking for an update?

E-mail me directly with your customer id and I can give you the pro software. Please only do so if you require it. Our std package is more than capable.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

email sent directly to you chris

Advanced Tuner

As far as customer support goes I am just completely blown away by Hptuners. On more than one occasion I have either email Keith directly or sent in an order to a add additional vehicles, Each and every time I had an answer in less than 2 hours, Usually within 20 minutes. One time was 11:30 PM west coast time and i got support in under 5 minutes.

Keith, keep up the good work!! Outstanding!!
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Tuner in Training

Sorry , got the right email this time

Tuner

Hi guys,
    PBarnard, I was talking to the Australian distributor yesturday, I was told that VCM suit standard was updated to pro for no extra charge, and the next update was coming in three weeks. :-X

Quote Originally Posted by cured5.7
    Hi guys,
    PBarnard, I was talking to the Australian distributor yesturday, I was told that VCM suit standard was updated to pro for no extra charge, and the next update was coming in three weeks. :-X
    As described in the original thread:

VCM Suite Standard
    VCM Suite Std has been replaced by VCM Suite Pro and is the default package for all users. Existing VCM Suite Std users will recieve a free upgrade to VCM Suite Pro with the next update (before Christmas). Users who have single vehicle type support may add an additional vehcle for $199.
    We haven't changed our position on this since that original post, and the info you have been given by your distributor is correct.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...