Thread: Configuring new IO Interface....

Tuner in Training

Configuring new IO Interface....

I need a little help.

I am tring to read the values off my wideband, however I cant figure out how to set it up.

Reading the help file is nice, but it does not tell me how to get to the wideband setup.

Here is what is interesting.

Under the "Preferences" menu I only have a menu item for "options and settings" and inside that is the remember view, playback speed etc.

In the help file, it said that that menu item shoudl contain two items

Please help me try and figure out how to setup this wideband. I feel like an idiot because I though the tab that said "air/fuel" was the readings.. till I put it on my other buddies Z06 without the wideband plugged in and it was reading values.

P.S. I am not a dumb computer user ether. lol. I have looked everywhere in every menu item, and I just have to be missing it.

VCM Scanner Version 1.5.2

Thanks.
    ~Travis Whidden&&2002 Z06 - Comp Cam (228/228 571/571 112) - FLP Long Tubes - !Cats - X-pipe - SLP Loudmouth - Blackwing intake - Spec 3 Clutch / PP - Hardened output shaft&&Best Times: 11.806 @ 117

Tuner in Training

Re: Configuring new IO Interface....

I have been double checking all the wires... but it still does not seem to help.

I read in another topic that you have to have the wideband interface hooked up first before you start the VCM Scanner software.

Any sugguestions?

Ground hooked to black wire.. and 5v input hooked to first white wire.
    ~Travis Whidden&&2002 Z06 - Comp Cam (228/228 571/571 112) - FLP Long Tubes - !Cats - X-pipe - SLP Loudmouth - Blackwing intake - Spec 3 Clutch / PP - Hardened output shaft&&Best Times: 11.806 @ 117

When the WB is connected to your HP Tuners cable it will add a couple of fields in the Table Display. Once you see this you may need right click and press Load Defaults. Once you do you should be able to click in any of the bottom cells depending on which channel you are using and be able to configure you WB appropriately.

I had to delete my .CFG file and do a load defaults and re-save it as at first it would never show me the WB settings. Once I did this everything worked from then on.

Tuner in Training

lol... isnt that a little confusing for the normal consumer? There should be a menu option to helps do all that for you.

What a pain.

Tuner

Travis,

It isnt that hard to have it show up. I can get it for ya @ work tomorrow if your still having problems.

i still have to figure out my wiring cause that thing always displays 12.65 on the logger but on the lcd its normal.
    2000 Trans Am WS6 - Bright Red : 12.36 @ 110 - 1.832 60

228/232 .571/.588 113 LSA | JetHot LTs | Yank ST3500/2.5 | SLP lid

Tuner in Training

ok.. I got it all configured.. but I have to say one thing:

That is one thing you need to document a little better. All the things that Chris Hinton showed me tonight were no where in the help file on how to setup the wideband.

Thanks Chris H for the help. You guys should have a more indepth help file for that problem. Thanks