Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing VCM Suite v1.5 !!!

Re: Announcing VCM Suite v1.5 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Please insure it for the total amount of a new unit purchased outright.
    Sorry to be a pain in the ass:

How much is a new unit?

'Unit' being 'enhanced I/O interface' aka, 'black box' at the normal $150 cost, correct?
    \'04 Silverado SS. (6.0L, 10:1, 4.10\'s) Dynatech headers and cats, B&B cat-back, plugs + wires, VHP 210/218 .531/.531 112, VHP 1.89 rockers (.562\").

Advanced Tuner

The unit you currently have is $499 new, the EIO version is $649 new. Since you are insuring what you are shipping back to HP Tuners, put $499 on it, or however much yours was after tax and shipping originally. (I think mine was $550 total) I would guess insurance is included in the $10 shipping charge HP Tuners charges to ship you the new interfaces (not to be confused with you shipping them interfaces, you are liable for that insurance, just wanted to clarify that).

Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

I see...

Thanks!

I actually have another question now..... an odd one.

The outputs for external shift lights or KR-hit-lights, LED's, relays, or whatever... The laptop and HPTuners needs to be hooked up and running for this to work, right?

Reason I ask:

I've been considering installing everything but the DB9 cable inside the dash. I'd just put a "serial port" in one of the blank panels near the center of my dash, and connect up via that.

It would be cool if output features will still work w/out the laptop/HPT, but not a big deal.
    \'04 Silverado SS. (6.0L, 10:1, 4.10\'s) Dynatech headers and cats, B&B cat-back, plugs + wires, VHP 210/218 .531/.531 112, VHP 1.89 rockers (.562\").

Tuner in Training

I went to the order page, and for the enhanced cable it says $TBA, and checkout/paypal does not bring up the price including the enhanced IO cable. I keep re-reading the post and I'm fairly certain it says that it should accept orders for the enhanced IO cable today? Should I just proceed with it the way it is?

Quote Originally Posted by marc_w
    I see...

Thanks!

I actually have another question now..... an odd one.

The outputs for external shift lights or KR-hit-lights, LED's, relays, or whatever... The laptop and HPTuners needs to be hooked up and running for this to work, right?

Reason I ask:

I've been considering installing everything but the DB9 cable inside the dash. I'd just put a "serial port" in one of the blank panels near the center of my dash, and connect up via that.

It would be cool if output features will still work w/out the laptop/HPT, but not a big deal.
    Great question! I would think that you would have to have the laptop on though, otherwise what would command the outputs? Unless there is some kind of internal memory or something...
    02 Formula M6

Tuner

I would also like to know how to pay for my upgrade?? I'm a little worried because #1 I don't have a paypal acct. set up, #2 there was a problem with security issues with paypal and people getting charged extra. How would I send money without having an acct. set up already since I can't pay through this website. Please respond soon as I would like to get in on the cheaper rate instead of paying the full $150. Thanks
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by blue_falcon
    Please respond soon as I would like to get in on the cheaper rate instead of paying the full $150. Thanks
    For new purchases... there is no promotion. The $75 offer is only for existing users. New users have to pay the $650 for new... The checkout just doesn't reflect that yet

Tuner

I am an existing user
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

via paypal to [email protected] or via certified check or money order payable to "HP Tuners LLC"om included with interface

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

from the first post... "Ordering will be activated on 28th Oct, 2004. Shipping will begin next week."
    OK! Ordering will be activated today! Got that! When will downloading the newer version start? :huh2:

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

from the first post... "Ordering will be activated on 28th Oct, 2004. Shipping will begin next week."
    OK, so is there another link to place an order? The only thing I see says the price is $499, $TBA for the EIO cable, and when I add both to my cart I get double charged the $499.

I guess the 28th ends at midnight, but which time zone? Using that logic, next Friday is part of next week also, even though it states shipments go out on Monday so long as they are received by noon the previous calendar day.

I hope the order page doesn't suffer as many delays as 1.5 did

???
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Tuner in Training

......when is the d/l option going to be ready?
    I am really in no hurry, just curious if the 1.5 software will work with a 1.4 cable without upgrading.
    Thanks guys and keep up the great work...
    Thanks
    Matt

Yes, 1.5 s/w will work with your existing cable.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Thanks Chris,
    I hope everything is going well and we all appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this.
    Thanks again
    Matt

Tuner

Just wondering, I thought 1.5 was pose to be rdy to D/L today. Or is it being held off till next week when the shipping of new cables starts.
    98\' T/A, filter/lid, Comp 212-218, 85mm MAF

Tuner

has anyone got it yet? i hope we get it by this weekend, its supposed to be nice outside, and plenty of time to play around.. ;D
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    has anyone got it yet? i hope we get it by this weekend, its supposed to be nice outside, and plenty of time to play around.. ;D
    I agree! I am going to 1/4 mile race next weekend so it would be nice to tune this weekend!

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

about the ability to view bins...can i download bins from a different year car and view them or am i confined to taking bins off of one of the sites like horist made up?

Thanks
    bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner

It's the 29th here

I'd like to know about the bin viewing ability too...can you only open bins already saved to disk or can you read any PCM? I'll place my money on the former.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Advanced Tuner

;D sent in my payment and shipped out my old "box" today..

NOW SEND ME BACK THE NEW HARDWARE!!

I am excited.. next weekend would be interesting..

Keith-Ken-Chris, Is it possible that you could post up some diagrams for how to wire up LED's to use with the cable outputs??

I want to see the outputs in action.. perhaps next weekend if i get the new hardware..

so excited..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune