Thread: Successful Case Learn w/ 1.5

Successful Case Learn w/ 1.5

A few weeks back a friend of mine swapped in a new PCM and threw the code for the Case Learn (DTC 1336).
    Well, he came over today and we performed a successful Case Learn procedure using the new version 1.5 and it worked flawlessly. Thanks HPTuners, Great Job
    2000 Grand Prix GTP 11.586 @ 118.20
    Best MPH: 121.72

New Ride: 04 GTO no times or anything yet

Advanced Tuner

Re: Successful Case Learn w/ 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by John_F
    A few weeks back a friend of mine swapped in a new PCM and threw the code for the Case Learn (DTC 1336).
    Well, he came over today and we performed a successful Case Learn procedure using the new version 1.5 and it worked flawlessly. Thanks HPTuners, Great Job
    ??? I still dont really understand what that does??

little help?? I guess i could read the help file..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Advanced Tuner

I jsut read the help file.. it ahs a great decription on how to do it.. but.. it dosent say anything about what it acctualy is..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Copy and Paste from the GM Service manual:

The crankshaft position system variation learning feature calculates the reference period errors that are caused by slight tolerance variations in the crankshaft, the crankshaft balancer interrupter rings, and the crankshaft position sensor hall effect switches. The calculated error allows the PCM to accurately compensate for reference period variations. This enhances the ability of the PCM to detect misfire events during a wider range of engine speed and load conditions.

The crankshaft position system variation values are stored in the PCM non-volatile memory after a learn procedure has been performed. If the crankshaft position system variation values are not stored in the PCM, DTC P1336 will set. The learn procedure is required after the following service procedures have been performed:

PCM replacement
    Engine replacement
    Crankshaft replacement
    Crankshaft balancer replacement
    Crankshaft position sensor replacement
    Any engine repair which disturbs the crankshaft or the harmonic balancer to crankshaft position sensor relationship.
    2000 Grand Prix GTP 11.586 @ 118.20
    Best MPH: 121.72

New Ride: 04 GTO no times or anything yet

Advanced Tuner

Good Info... thanks

2007 CTS-V LS2

Great info. I guess I better do this since I just did a Cam install and had the Crank balancer off. It is amazing the stuff I learn in this forum. Thanks.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

So basically this would be useless to someone like me who turned off their misfire detection because of an aftermarket torque converter, since Case Learn is only for misfire detection right? ???