Thread: HP Tuner and MagnaCharger

Tuner

HP Tuner and MagnaCharger

Hi All,
    Leaning toward tuning myself for awhile now. Just goat a check engine light and may throw me into it.

My seutp.
    2003 Silverado Z71 5.3L 20K miles.
    Magna Charger Supercharger
    DynaTech Headers and Cats
    Corsa Cat Back

My Check engine light came on just 3 days after the header install.

From my reading I am fairly certian the with the HP tuner I will be able to read the code and reset it and at least know where to start looking for the reason behind it. I would like to be able to tinker with shift points, transmission line pressures and small stuff while I learn more about tuning.

Will I be able to use the tune that came with the MagnaCharger as a starting point for modifying or is it locked? If its locked are there some areas that I will be able to tune like I mentioned above or will I have to start from the original. I know I'm not ready to start with a factory tune with my mods and don't want to blow 500 bucks for something I can't use.

TIA for any input

03 Silverado Z71, 6.0L (LQ4), Magnacharger Radix, 90mm TB, 9psi boost, 60# Mototron FM Injectors, Meth Injection, LPE GT7 Cam, PI Vigilante 2600, FLT Level 5 4l65E, Dynatech, Custom Stainless Dual Exhaust, Detroit True-Trac, 4.10's, Electric Fans, AirAid CAI. HSW Dry Nitrous with 50 shot. 11.73 @ 114 - 2Bar SD - @@@Photos and Video@@@

JCMGTO

Re: HP Tuner and MagnaCharger

I have a 2004 GTO with the MAgnaCharger and they did NOT lock the program. Which I'm glad cause they had my IFR table backwards So you should be able to.