Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Download The Update!

Tuner in Training

Can't Download The Update!

I've tried two different machines now this morning trying to download the version 1.5 patch and I keep getting an error message when the download reaches 1.5 MB. The error message reads as follows:

Internet Explorer cannot download vcmsuite-1_5_0.exe from www.hptuners.com.

The connection with the server was reset

I'm still trying to use my software for the first time. I received it yesterday and although the shipping box, the cable, and the software disk all indicated the same serial number I kept getting an error message when I tried to use it that it was an "Invalid cable serial ID." Further investigation revealed that the software disk was mislabeled and the actual software ID was different than my actual ID # rendering it useless.

Now I can't download the upgrade to fix the problem. Any suggestions? I need HELP!
    Steve - NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired)&&Life Member: VFW & Vietnam Vets of America&&2000 C5 441 rwhp/418 rwtq 11.478 @ 121.55 60\'=1.696

Tuner

Re: Can't Download The Update!

Unfortunately I am having the same problem. Keith, Ken or Chris feel free to jump in anytime.

Cheers
    Brian

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by brh26
    Unfortunately I am having the same problem. Keith, Ken or Chris feel free to jump in anytime.

Cheers
    Brian
    Well, I just tried downloading the patch with a different browser and managed to download a 1.2MB portion of it. It seems obvious to me at this point that the update file on their server is corrupted.

Hopefully, this situation will be corrected in a timely manner. I'm scheduled to race tomorrow, but I first need to adjust my WOT shift points before I can do so and can't without the update. :'(
    Steve - NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired)&&Life Member: VFW & Vietnam Vets of America&&2000 C5 441 rwhp/418 rwtq 11.478 @ 121.55 60\'=1.696

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by XTrooper

Well, I just tried downloading the patch with a different browser and managed to download a 1.2MB portion of it. It seems obvious to me at this point that the update file on their server is corrupted.

Hopefully, this situation will be corrected in a timely manner. I'm scheduled to race tomorrow, but I first need to adjust my WOT shift points before I can do so and can't without the update. :'(

dunno.. i downlaoded it and installed it no problem..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Missing2

dunno.. i downlaoded it and installed it no problem..
    Hi, Bill. When did you dl your copy? This may be a pre/post corruption situation.

Advanced Tuner

Hi, Bill. When did you dl your copy? This may be a pre/post corruption situation.

???

dunno.. 9:35 or so..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Missing2

???

dunno.. 9:35 or so..
    Oh, this morning! Hmm.......well, now that I think about it, I wonder if we all don't have our own individual file to download as the software is serial numbered? That would mean any problem encountered would be distinct to that particular file and not universal in nature.

Keith, if you're out there I could use some assistance.

Tuner

I have been trying for over 5 hrs and I still haven't got it. So must be a problem there somewhere.
    Brian

I just dloaded my copy

Advanced Tuner

I just dl'd it around 10am EDT.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Advanced Tuner

Just downloaded my copy no prob... I'm sure whatever the issue is it'll be fixed soon Just give Keith a lil time... he was posting at 3:30am that the download was ready... and even he sleeps sometimes heh
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Tuner in Training

I was able to D/L the file with no problem but when I try and run it, it tells me that it's corrupt. WTF?
    2000 Z28 - A4 & 3.73 Gears 2800 Vig, Custom Shift Kit, LSX Intake, Hot Cam, Patriot Stage II Heads, Pacesetter LT Headers, TR-6 Plugs, 90 Dry Shot, MSD 8.5 Wires, 218/224 529/535 114+2 Cam

I too cannot download the file. It stops at 15% and says the connection to server was reset.

Tuner in Training

I'm beginning to think it's, as Keith suggested, a case of "server overload" where too many are trying to download the file at once.

By chance is everyone that's having a problem on a dialup connection?

I am. :'(

Yea, I'm on dialup.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by 2000TransAm24
    Yea, I'm on dialup.
    Bingo! That might be our problem. When you can dl the file via a broadband connection in a few short minutes there's probably no problem. I guess we'll have to wait and try to download it in the early morning hours.

Senior Tuner

I just pulled mine down OK. Though the server does
    appear to be overtaxed, from the low bit rate.

Tuner in Training

Well, 8 hours and ~100 attempts later I still haven't been able to successful download the update! :P

Advanced Tuner

If you are on dialup and the server is overloaded, you will get screwed every time until the server load comes down. It is quite possible that the webserver the files reside on is not 100% dedicated to HP Tuners, as most web hosting companies serve literally 1000's of webpages off of a single server. But I don't know how they are setup, that is just one possibility. Good luck and keep trying.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Senior Tuner

Well, 8 hours and ~100 attempts later I still haven't been able to successful download the update! :P

Email me your serial number and password.
    I will email the update to you.

Ken
    [email protected]