Thread: Just ordered my HpTuners!!

Tuner

Just ordered my HpTuners!!

Well, I finally did it, been going over LS1 Edit, EFILive, and HPTuners for a month.....whew.....I'm confident I made the right choice, looking forward to using the scanner first , that alone will be awesome, then I'll graduate to some careful tweaking!

I suppose I'll be quite the regular around here!

thanks for the advice! cheers!
    05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

Tuner in Training

Re: Just ordered my HpTuners!!

i just received mine today, and love it 8)
    2001 Z28 (slow)

Welcome on board guys!

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

thanks Chris
    05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

Tuner

oh, where can I download a user manual?

The help manual comes with the s/w. You'll see it in the Start menu or open any of the programs and press "F1".

Help is context sensitive so if you are in the editor looking at something and wondering what the hell it does, then pressing "F1" will take you to the relevant section in the Help Manual.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

got it, I like the way you set up the F1 button, kiss (as in keep it simple stupid) for us slow types.
    Sounds really convenient and a good time saver.
    thanks.

Tuner in Training

I just ordered mine as well and will be hanging around here for some info. Also, ordered the LM1 to go with it.

Derek
    98 Z28 M6 Hardtop 380HP 373Tq previously tuned with LS1 edt before intake and TB waiting HPtuners! T1 cam, Mac headers and Y witout cats,LS6 intake,Jantzer TB,Hooker catback

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by apexman
    I just ordered mine as well and will be hanging around here for some info. Also, ordered the LM1 to go with it.

Derek
    i need an LM-1 also, that will probably be my next purchase
    2001 Z28 (slow)

Tuner

Mine (and I'm sure MANY others) will be ordering once the WBO2 setup is ready. I can't wait!!!

Congrats on your purchase!
    2002 Z51 C5 MN6 Coupe&&SuperMaxx Headers, Vararam, Ti Exhaust

Tuner

8)I got my box this past Wed!! yeah!!

Is it ok that the cable adapter thing says v.1.0 and the CD says v.1.4.0?

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by BQuicksilver
    Mine (and I'm sure MANY others) will be ordering once the WBO2 setup is ready. I can't wait!!!

Congrats on your purchase!
    I'm in.

Potential Tuner

i just ordered mine too. i have never even tried tuning any vehicle i ever worked on even on minor stuff. i am looking forward to learning a lot but it seems a little overwhelming. you guys that just got yours how soon do you start feeling confident in using this setup on your own vehicles? i am getting a little worried because i have had an on going project with this camaro that i bought this for since may now i am finally finished with everything except the tune and i plan on leaving fri. for florida. i would like to take this car, in fact we have been planning this trip most of the summer just because that was the scheduled completion of my car and now it is done and is getting down to the wire. i really would like to find some expert help in the dallas area to help me build a file for my car before i leave for florida in a car that is not ready for that. if anyone in the dallas area could help when i get this program i would pay for a little help. let me know if you have got the experience and you are around dallas. i live in longview about an hour east of dallas. thanks.

Advanced Tuner

What are your mods?

Potential Tuner

383 with only .005 bore(not really a bore) 36# injectors straight pipes intake 5.3 heads, and a cam that no one knows what size it is i think like around 240. thanks.

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by fozjared
    i just ordered mine too. i have never even tried tuning any vehicle i ever worked on even on minor stuff. i am looking forward to learning a lot but it seems a little overwhelming. you guys that just got yours how soon do you start feeling confident in using this setup on your own vehicles? i am getting a little worried because i have had an on going project with this camaro that i bought this for since may now i am finally finished with everything except the tune and i plan on leaving fri. for florida. i would like to take this car, in fact we have been planning this trip most of the summer just because that was the scheduled completion of my car and now it is done and is getting down to the wire. i really would like to find some expert help in the dallas area to help me build a file for my car before i leave for florida in a car that is not ready for that. if anyone in the dallas area could help when i get this program i would pay for a little help. let me know if you have got the experience and you are around dallas. i live in longview about an hour east of dallas. thanks.
    congrats on your purchase!
    good luck on your tuning!

I'm just barely learning things myself.