Thread: Lope tune. What to change?

Tuner in Training

Lope tune. What to change?

Just downloaded the latest beta version and excited to start changing things! I wanted to start by adding some lope to the truck to get my feet wet. Wondering if someone could tell me the exact name of the table to adjust to get a lope going. I've read on here that it's the main fuel table to adjust at idle, but looking to get some confirmation. Thanks for any help.
    '07 Chevy 2500HD LBZ. AEM intake, EGR blocked, MBRP 5" straight turbo back exhaust, PPE tuner and HPTuners.

Senior Tuner
    I have never tried to intentionally tune in a lope. Its hard on motor mounts and timing chains. If you want to still do it, add fuel to the injector pulsewidth table from 10 to 50 mpa and 1-20 mm3. Dont get too carred away, can wash rings out.

Senior Tuner
    as I recall, 10% was enough to start a pretty good shake.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response mecaniman. I've been looking at the injector PW table and I'm not seeing any mpa units. I'm seeing mm3 and psi. Am I looking at the wrong table? It's the Injector PW vs. Fuel Qty vs. Fuel Pressure table that I'm looking at.
    '07 Chevy 2500HD LBZ. AEM intake, EGR blocked, MBRP 5" straight turbo back exhaust, PPE tuner and HPTuners.

Senior Tuner
    Thats the right table, just metric vs imperial scales.

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha, Thanks. I converted the psi to mpa's and see that it's the first five lines on the fuel pressure side. I added 10% to each existing number per box 1-20 across on the mm3 side accordingly. Gonna try it out tomorrow morning. Thanks for the info. and I'll reply asap on the results, thanks again.

Tuner in Training
    Hi mecanicman, just a little update on the results. I made the changes and loaded the tune. Everything loaded fine but there was no change at all in sound. Could there possibly be something I'm missing or possibly another table in addition that I should be adjusting? Thanks again for any feedback.

Senior Tuner
    Post modded and original tune. I will look. Might have try it myself. I discovered by accident one time when i highlighted wrong portion of table, truck had definate lope, shook whole truck.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the assistance mecanicman. Here are the two tables.

Senior Tuner
    It appears you did it correctly, I will have to try it next chance I get. I was sure that was all I did.....

Tuner in Training
    Sounds good, thanks for all the help.

Since it is an lbz, you need to modify the Driver Demand Table. Under 0% tps in the 600 rpm cell, start with 200 ft-lbs. If it doesn't lope very good, put 225... if still no good, add another 25 ft-lbs. there is a limit though. Don't go past 400.

You will also need to change your torque based fuel tables. Under the 600 column, change the whole column to 75 mm3. The changes to these two tables should result in a lope.

Lopes are not good for your motor as mecanicman said. I would do it for the fun of it and knowing how the computer works, but once you have it accomplished, show your friends, then change it back to a smooth idle.
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun