Thread: HP wideband vs. EFI's wideband availability?

Tuner

HP wideband vs. EFI's wideband availability?

will HPtuners wideband be available before EFI comes out with their scanner/tuner w/wideband?

I'm trying to decide between the two and this could sway me one way or the other...

thanks
    05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

Advanced Tuner

Re: HP wideband vs. EFI's wideband availability?

Quote Originally Posted by moregrip
    will HPtuners wideband be available before EFI comes out with their scanner/tuner w/wideband?

I'm trying to decide between the two and this could sway me one way or the other...

thanks

I dont know about the dates.. but i would imagine pretty soon.. they dont post up info untill its pretty close to release time..

as far as your decision it depends on alot.. HPtuners isent just a scanner.. it allows permenent editing functions and from waht i understand they will also soon support and EFIlive real time tuning functions as well..

so.. if you dont own efilive or ls1edit yet.. i would wait.. and get hptuners.. if you do.. then it all comes down to how much money you are willing ot put up for the new stuff...

IMHO hptuners whe nit gets up to full force is going to be a much better package then all of the others if they can keep up the hard work they have put in so far..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Advanced Tuner

Re: HP wideband vs. EFI's wideband availability?

Well, theres actually a EFI Flash that is coming out that works with EFI scan, and whatever else they are developing. You can visit the EFI forum and get some idea of what they are working on.

I think if I was comparing HP Tuners to the competition, I would be looking at the support first, the product available today, the future products and direction of the thoughts of the people behind the company. HPT is made of 3 really nice guys that take the time to answer many questions a day, on top of breaking down many OS ID's a day.

As to the date of WBo2 support, I can tell you its not far off. I believe they will move to beta testing some units in the various locations of the country to unsure it works in many cars/trucks and operating conditions.

Loyde