Thread: Lly Tcm Fuse

Tuner in Training

Lly Tcm Fuse

I have 2004.5 LLY and have been trying to get the ECM and TCM separated when I do a write calibration. They keep telling me to pull the TCM fuse and then only the ECM will be written.

Well!! I can't find a fuse that just does the TCM power. I have been through the GM factory wiring diagrams and there does not appear to be a TCM only fuse. I pulled the only fuse that looked like TCM power and was unable to write ether the ECM or TCM.

Any one out there who has done this with a 2004.5 LLY?

Thanks

I am going to guess that you have a manual LLY...? Or is there another reason why you don't want to tune the TCM?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner in Training

Lly Tcm Fuse

Nope, auto I don't think the manuals have a TCM. I don't want to write the TCM every time I put a cal on the engine. It takes longer and the trans has to re-learn how you drive.

The real issue is I keep getting blown off by the higher powers at HP tuners. I have chased this for a year now and finally asked again for inclusion in the 2.23 Beta.

If there ia a TCM only fuse in a 2004 LLY I would like to know where it is. As far as I can tell it does not exist.

Learn something new everyday! Sorry I am no help...
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

I asked about this feature long ago, and I was told it isn't going to happen. You just have to write them both if you want to make any changes. But hey at least you dont have to buy seperate credits for the TCM!
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly

Tuner in Training

Tcm Fuse Final

Yup,

I got a response from Bill the other day as I requested this again for the Beta. He flat told me the feature will probably never be added. Oh well, at least I tried......

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone know how to write the TCM? Mine keeps timing out and I've pulled all the radio fuses and stuff. Still times out.