Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E40 ECM scaling for 160-190lb injectors

u mean the ones under open closed loop "open loop gains" so lets say I multiply my STOIC by 2 I need to open those tables and do the same

thanks guys found it

It's the engine-->fuel-->general "Stoich AFR" in "Air Fuel Ratio" table

Potential Tuner
    Do you do the same for E38?

Yes double stoich/half IFR will work on e38's. Cut the IVT terms in half also

Potential Tuner
    Ok I have E38 PCM which only goes to 63lb/hr & not 127lb/hr. The injectors supplied are ID1700's running 42psi so 160lb/hr.

Do you think this should work:
    IFR divide 2.6 = 61.5lb/hr
    Stoich x 2.6 = 38.2.....wait I can only goto 32stoich!!

Any idea's?

Yeah the double/half thing only works to the point that you max out the stoich table unfortunately, so around x 2.17

Potential Tuner
    And doing the double/half method along with the old rescale method will just be way too hard I think. Sounds like it needs new PCM that can do 127lb/hr with smaller injectors..

Yeah that's a bit much. I'd probably just start over if I was going from rescale method to double stoich method. If you were only 10% off from getting to the right injector flow rate then I'd just go with it, but you're going to be further off than that with just the double stoich method

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Correct. It's very few things.. stoich, injector flow rate, IVT terms. That is it
    I'm not following what the IVT terms represents and why it should be halved.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by trd800 View Post
    And doing the double/half method along with the old rescale method will just be way too hard I think. Sounds like it needs new PCM that can do 127lb/hr with smaller injectors..
    I've had to do both. I did the rescale of the entire tune way back before the double stoich method was around. Then I went from 1k to 2k injectors so then I doubled stoich.
    Bill Winters

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    I'm not following what the IVT terms represents and why it should be halved.
    They are coefficients that are used when calculating intake valve temp, they should be cut in half when using the double stoich way, otherwise the IVT ends up being something stupid high. I assume it thinks you're running really lean since you have a stoich AFR of something 29+ but don't really know the details of how it's calculated.

They are under fuel-->general, "IVT Terms". There are two tables, one of the is typically 0 so you can ignore that one. Cut the other one in half

Will it really make a noticeable difference? Heck if I know.. it probably will for transient fueling but I doubt anything will go boom if you don't do it

You can thank DSteck for getting us access to this one

Well I'll find out soon as my tune is pretty lined out now so when I half the IVT terms I'll see if it makes a difference.
    Bill Winters

That will be interesting. To me anyways

My theory is somewhere in bowels of the IVT equation is an element pertaining to fuel mass and its ability to modify thermal changes to the valve vs ECT or something. The IVT Terms must be the keys to the crypt and when we cut the fuel mass in half, so must we change a variable to bring it back.....and Dave figured that out...Thanks man

Again, this is just MHO..

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuning Addict
    Uses them for cold engine desired ratio (adders, multipliers) and transient fueling that I know of.
    Doesn't the instrument cluster outputs not need to be halved as well when doing the double stoic trick?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Uses them for cold engine desired ratio (adders, multipliers) and transient fueling that I know of.
    Doesn't the instrument cluster outputs not need to be halved as well when doing the double stoic trick?
    Yeah you do need to mess with that.. I don't have access to that one on my E40 so I always forget about it. Something about fuel density I think it's labeled?

Good news is I get 800 miles per tank
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I started using the double stoich method before anyone talked about halving IVT. I didn't see any change when I did do it later on, but it could be effecting something that I just didn't notice.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Seemed to lean out my tune quite a bit. Particularly in the smaller pulse width areas
    Bill Winters

That is interesting. Though we'll probably never know why..