Thread: How do you tune out Column lock issue on C5 Vette?

Tuner

How do you tune out Column lock issue on C5 Vette?

I recently bougt a 00 C5 and now has the service column lock message and Remove key, wait for 10 seconds message.... Car already had the GM recall fix done to it, but am wondering if HP tuners has a function to completely disable this and the messages? Right now i have the column lock listed as none and VATS as no. Car will run and drive just fine, but the error message is annoying and I would like to get rid of it.

Anybody on her have success with this?
    thanks

Tuner in Training
    There is a setting "Column Lock" and you select "Not Fitted". This has bought me countless hours of sleep at night. If you already have the error message, I am not sure this will erase it. Maybe you just need to reset that part using the usual way.

Disclaimer : I am also running with the Corvettes of Houston bypass device.

Advanced Tuner
    Pull the key, grab the steering wheel with both hands and turn it hard so it hits against the steering lock. Do that a couple times. I see this about 4 times a month. Usually this little trick jars the column enough to make the sensor start working again.

Potential Tuner
    I spent a couple days battling the same issue. I would like to see a place in HP Tuners to remove the "service column lock" message too.

HoP Are you for real???? Get a bigger hammer in this case is not the answer any of us are looking for.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MickVette View Post
    I spent a couple days battling the same issue. I would like to see a place in HP Tuners to remove the "service column lock" message too.

HoP Are you for real???? Get a bigger hammer in this case is not the answer any of us are looking for.
    It works, and many shops use that trick. Otherwise bypass it or spend the money to fix it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HoP View Post
    It works, and many shops use that trick. Otherwise bypass it or spend the money to fix it.
    Can you explain spend the money to fix it? I am having this problem right now just ordered the COH bypass. what else should i do to "fix" this? anything in hptuners i can do as well? Right now i have the service column lock and will not clear with the normal tricks.

thanks

Jason