Thread: VCM Scanner Plus and other ???s

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner Plus and other ???s

How much is it for the Scanner Plus upgrade? Having the ability to reset LTFT is a pretty important feature while tuning to check the baseline closed loop maps. I am surprised that this isn't in the standard package unless perhaps it clears on power loss.

In the feature list for VCM Edit I see that it can control open/closed loop transitions. Can the software also temporarily disable adaptation so that while tuning the LTFT stays at zero to make it easier to dial everything in? In this manor the engine would still be running closed loop (STFT changing) it just wouldn't adjust LTFT over time. This ability lets you dial in the closed loop operation pretty easily. Just apply whatever STFT is doing to that map point for mixture and you will keep the closed loop operation happy.

Lastly can the scanner show non-engine faults such as ABS, SRS, transmission and 4x4 faults? If not do you know of a scanner that can. I have several OBDII scanning programs already but would like to get something that could read the above out of my Sierra.

Shawn

Re: VCM Scanner Plus and other ???s

Scanner plus upgrade is $99 when available.

The main issue with these override controls is they are not trivial to understand in the code (it takes about as long as working out all the other variables we currently support). The controls are driven by 4 x 16bit flags and they vary between operating systems, some are simple on/off relays and others are controls for PWM's etc. We are just finalising these now (the ones you mention are there) - as for adding some simple ones like reset fuel trims to the base scanner we'll get back to you on that

We haven't looked into DTC's for other modules as yet.

LTFT's will clear if you pull the fuse to the PCM.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Re: VCM Scanner Plus and other ???s

"We are just finalising these now (the ones you mention are there) "

Thanks, so it is possible to disable LTFT while keeping STFT active? Is that a function of the scanner or VPM Edit and part of the base package?

I saw in one of the threads a potential future upgrade you may be considering is showing where on the maps the computer is currently operating. Along with that as a potential upgrade you might want to look into also storing STFT along with that map point in closed loop mode. That should make closed loop mixture tuning quicker

You could possibly even make it auto tune closed loop mixture by automating the above two functions.

"LTFT's will clear if you pull the fuse to the PCM. "

Thanks for the info. I only bought my 2004 Sierra a week ago so I hadn't tested that yet. On other cars I've dealt with LTFT is stored in flash memory and doesn't reset on power loss. Hence the need for the ability to reset it through software.

Shawn