Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Update 2-18-04

HP Tuners Update 2-18-04

Hello Everyone,

First I'd like to thank all of you for your patience. I have been getting quite a few e-mails and the #1 question I am asked is when will we be shipping. This is a hard question to answer because we will not be shipping all of our models at once so it really depends on what models you are looking for.

Most of what is on the orders page should be ready to ship soon. We have some finishing touches to do here and there but everything is looking real nice. The V6 products may fall behind the V8 models a few weeks. The LS1 98 and 97 models will also be late a few weeks due to their hardware diferences.

Now, many of you are wondering why aren't we shipping yet? Well, its one thing be 100% capable of vehicle reprogramming but its another to have a complete 100% shippable package that you are satisfied with. We have a few things to touch up here and there. They are not bugs I assure you, just extra features we feel are needed in our V1 editor.

We gaurantee that you will not be let down by our package. It's really a treat to use and has a very professional feel. One very nice feature we recently implemented is a toggle between Imperial/Metric for the editor. View your temps in C or F, or your speeds in KPH or MPH depending on how you like. We think this will make things a lot easier for our domestic tuners and our foreign as well.

Everyone asks me when we will be shipping and I keep responding with "3 weeks"... If things all fall into place we could be releasing a few models late next week but thats if everything goes according to plan. We are giving ourselves enough room to avoid bad lead times.

A lot of you are wondering well when will the orders page be opened up? How can I pre-order? My advice to you is to stay tuned to the forum and the orders page. We can't predict the moment where all the members of HP Tuners feel a model is ready to hit the production line. When it happens, it will become available for purchase through the orders page.

You may be thinking what about back orders? Well we have enough production capacity and parts (we think) where this won't be an issue... but if it is we will be plesantly surprised and just kick it up a notch on our end so the back order times are minimal.

Again, we thank you all for your patience. Please stay tuned as things are coming to a close very quickly and stuff will be hitting the trucks very soon!

- Keith
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner

Re: HP Tuners Update 2-10-04

Keith, I am interested in the entire suite and years of vehicles. Tuner version. Would you please e-mail me a quotation? [email protected]

Thanks

Mike, phone tag... a hard game to play when both players are always on the go.

To give you guys an update we decided to push back our order entry date another week. Our expected ship date is still the same we would just like to avoid being overwhelmed by pre-order chaos. We are just finishing up the production assembly line process so we can produce in bulk. Once this is finalized we will be ready to ship and produce just about any needed quantities. If orders exceed our expectations our only delays will be in the actuall order processing process. We will do everything we can to get product out in a very reasonable time frame.

While we wait I've decided to tweak the scan tool software a little bit more to help put us over the top versus competition. I was playing with it tonight and let me just say its a real treat to use. It doesn't overwhelm you at all either. It's very straight forward and looks great. The data polls VERY fast too. We think you will be pleasently surprised by it. I'll be adding a screen shots page soon after I finish up a few more tweaks here and there similar to the page we have up for our editor: http://www.hptuners.com/products-edit.html .

Thanks for all of your patience and we appologize for the delays.

- HP Tuners team

Do you have any more screenshots?

I did add some screenshots of our scantool. The link is on the products page.

Re: HP Tuners Update 2-18-04

Update:

Our checkout page states that we might be taking orders today.. and its still early in the day. If we do open up the orders page this evening it would mostly start off with 99-02 vehicles.. then 03-04 vehicles (V8 vehicles in both cases)... like we've said before the 97-98 vehicles will be a few weeks behind as well as the V6 vehicles.

Our production assembly is right on schedual.

If we do open up the checkout page tonight, we will put a note on there to inform you it could still be 2 weeks before we actually ship out your product. Orders will be shipped out in the order in which they are recieved.

Thanks for your patience.

- HP Tuners Team

Senior Tuner

And the new date is... ?

Any chance that those of us who've been sitting
    supportively by, through the Chinese water torture,
    will be rewarded with an initial Group Purchase
    deal (like LS1Speed & Predator had for their
    "coming out party&quot?

Jimmyblue, we have no new date... it could be any day really. My best advice is to just stay tuned. I will update this post when we do open up the page though.

Production is still going according to schedual so everything is looking good.

Sorry for the delay! Thanks for your patience.

Tuner in Training

The wait is torture....very excited for the release date

Tuner in Training

Geez, the wait is killin me. Does this thing even exist?

Sorry for the delay guys.

It does exist and I can safely say we have demo'd our product for speed shops across the world.

Our production units are still on schedual. everything is going accordin to plan. We just aren't fond of pre-orders. Sorry.

Tuner in Training

Any updates on availability?

We are just finishing up production now. Should be any day now.

Tuner in Training

Patiently waiting

well.. maybe not patiently ;D
    John D. Brown&&2001 Pewter Formula Auto&&10.92 @ 122.32 (1.49) | 6.93 @ 98.66 (1.49)&&MTI 2E Heads & X1 cam | Raceweight: 3390

Tuner in Training

<---also waiting

guys, it is torture for us too!!! We really thank you for your patience and understanding...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by WILWAXU
    Patiently waiting

well.. maybe not patiently ;D

Waiting here also.........

Hey John, you should talk Rob into buying in also.....the three of us could save some $$$$ LOL

Tuner in Training

The thing is, the order page shows:

We plan to be taking orders approximately Feburary 18'th.

It is now:
    Feburary 27th, doesn't sound like everything is on schedule...

Also, magnus, how detailed will the manual be?

Tuner in Training

I know you guys keep saying everything is still on schedule and the order date has been pushed back...so when's the planned shipping date?

We're working on it guys.. We do appologize for the delays.

We are working on making the manual as detailed as possible but it is a very lengthy process and will be updated as we go along.

Our intended ship date was next week... we are doing everything we can to meet that ship date but right now it looks like if it is next week it will be later in the week. We should have no problem turning around the orders as they come in so pre-orders isn't that big of a time saver for us. Thanks for your patience!