Thread: It's February 4th.....

It's February 4th.....

Are you guys going to start taking orders today, or has it been pushed back?

I'm asking, because I work night shift, so I have been checking all night.

I just don't want to come in tomorrow night, and find out that you guys got swamped (which you probably will), and that I'm #25,468,000 and it will be six months before I get mine :-/

Thanks.

Re: It's February 4th.....

heh, we did push it back... just a week though.

We will be accepting orders for th elate model V8 vehicles first, then a few weeks later we will start accepting orders for teh V6 cars.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner

Well before I cancel my order for EFI Live (due to ship on the 6th) can you say if I would recieve my product for an LS1 this month? I mean heck to be able to edit for $100 more what the heck!
    2001 Trans-Am - A4 w/2.73 Steel Driveshaft &&Mods: FTRA, K&N filter, High-Flo Air lid, TBB, Venom VCN-2000 N2O, Comp 224/228 Nitrous Cam, SVO 30# injectors, 255LPH Walbro pump, Yank 3000 TT w/2.5 STR

Thats the plan. If everything goes well that should be the case but we cannot say 100%. Our current schedualing though looks great.

Our scan tool is considered an add on feature. Our product is primarily an editing tool with scan tool capabilities. If you want all out scan tool capability and functionality than EFI Live is your ticket... We do have plans for our scan tool to grow into something similar but for now it will be your standard advanced scan tool with data logging and display with PCM Controls and diagnostics. Our scan tool is fully capapble of assisting you in diagnostics but one thing we do not offer at the current time is custom PID's like EFI Live.

Potential Tuner

Umm, I will have to give it some thought then. Look at what I really need to do and read into the details a bit more on your product.

Thanks for the honest, quick, reply.
    2001 Trans-Am - A4 w/2.73 Steel Driveshaft &&Mods: FTRA, K&N filter, High-Flo Air lid, TBB, Venom VCN-2000 N2O, Comp 224/228 Nitrous Cam, SVO 30# injectors, 255LPH Walbro pump, Yank 3000 TT w/2.5 STR

What are you looking to get out of a scan tool? Ours should be sufficient for most tuners out there.

If you know some specifics I can help you decide which product is right for you.

I'm not sure of all the capabilities of EFI Live but one thing I know that we don't support is the user defined PID's.

We do support enhanced parameters, fast packet technology and PCM Controls (Bi Directional). DTC reading/clearing is also supported.

We have 3 types of visual interfaces you can use:
    The standard table display
    Gauge display
    Charting Display.

There are screen shofts of these displays on the products page.

Our v1 scan tool comes with pre-set gauge/chart displays. In EFI Live I believe you can customize yours but we feel that the ones we put up there are the ones that are used 99% of the time.

Potential Tuner

Well I just put in a 224/228 114 cam in my 2001 TA along with new 30# injectors and a few other goodies. My "tuning" is limited to a Predator right now and James at RWTD is doing a heck of a job trying to accomidate my problems (lean, surging, won't hold an idle). Basicly I send him my reading and he pumps in the numbers into the Predator editing software and then I upload it to the Predator. Unfortunatly there is a day or two lag between changes.

Once I have it tuned NA I will then have to re-tune de-tune it for nitrous. This will involve many runs recording the injector pusle width, RPM, speed, O2's, etc.. Then adding more gas and adjusting accordingly.

Your product looks like it meets or exceeds my basic needs but, my fear is... I do not want to wait till March, April, May to do this.

Potential Tuner

Since you are asking what one wants in a scanner. I will share with you what I like in EFILive. And I am sure you have most of what I mention.

1. Custom PIDs for custom calculation.
    2. DTC for other modules like the ABS and the ability to read and clear those.
    3. All the various graph views which I am sure you have.
    4. Easy Export to Excel for Analysis.

Potential Tuner

From what I understand of the bi-directional controls is that you can do changes to timing, fuel, etc. on the fly and test. If you like the results then you can FLASH the settings in perminatly. Is this correct?
    EFI Live version to do this is pretty much the same as the cost of your standard suite I believe.
    Question for BB, what information do you get by using custom PID's?

Senior Tuner

Is there anything a custom PID will do, that logging
    standard PIDs and doing the post-processing in
    Excel won't? Seems like just another way to get to
    the same info, the data still has to be streamed?
    Or do the custom PIDs get calculated in the PCM
    before getting sent, and cut down on data / increase
    useful data logging? Never did understand that,
    never have used them in EFILive myself.

Jimmy you are exactly correct.. the data still has to be streamed..

Nothing you can't do in excel post logging.